PDA

View Full Version : Random Update that I don't need?

SanChippy
30-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Microsoft keeps annoying me about have to get a Microsoft Powerpoint 2007 Security Update (KB2535818), yet I don't have MS Powerpoint 2007 installed, I did once have it but only as a trial thing and then uninstalled it.
Anyway, I keep getting notifications to update it, but then when I do try to update it, it goes through downloads installs and reboots, it then tell me that it has encountered an error, well duh the error is that the computer doesn't have MS PP 2007, but it doesn't realise this.
How can I remove the update? Or fix the problem?

Trev
30-11-2012, 01:56 PM
How did you get on with your Windows 8 bios problem in your last thread ? Always a polite thing to do too let people know the outcome of a problem.
:)

wainuitech
30-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Depending on What OS you are running,,, With vista or Windows 7 right-click on the update in the list, and choose “Hide update” from the menu.

wratterus
30-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Remove the '2007 Primary interop assemblies' from programs and features, this will sort it.

may be called 'XXXX interop assemblies', something like that anyway

SanChippy
30-11-2012, 06:17 PM
How did you get on with your Windows 8 bios problem in your last thread ? Always a polite thing to do too let people know the outcome of a problem.
:)

Oh, yeah I did find out about it in the end, and all is well, hardware dep is enabled, but there is no BIOS option funny aye?!!!

SanChippy
30-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Depending on What OS you are running,,, With vista or Windows 7 right-click on the update in the list, and choose “Hide update” from the menu.

I did 'hide' it but it appeared again.

\(T-T)/

SanChippy
30-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Remove the '2007 Primary interop assemblies' from programs and features, this will sort it.

may be called 'XXXX interop assemblies', something like that anyway

Thanks this seems to have sorted it out for now, I'll check it out again when I next reboot. All done. Thanks to all, and Trev I'll remember your advice from now(^_-) \(^_^)/