PDA

View Full Version : CDBurnerXP vs Nero

bk T
29-11-2012, 11:04 PM
I have been using Nero for years and love it simply 'cause it's reliable and so USED to it, but now looks like it's too bloated. I don't burn CDs/DVDs a lot, just occasionally.

Anyone here using the free version of CDBurnerXP? Just installed it on a spare machine and it looks quite impressive. Is it as good & reliable as Nero and compatible with Win8 as well?

Would like to get your views before I uninstall Nero. Do I need to get the Nero uninstaller in order to have a 100% clean up, or just remove it from Windows Programs and features?

Cheers

Trev
30-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Don't know what your problem is with Nero. I have been using it for many years and hope to continue using it for many years to come.
:)

pctek
30-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, I liked nero, but yes, it is bloat....
Gave up on it ages ago.

linw
30-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I've used Nero for many years but it was getting incompatible with later Windows. I had ver 7 on my machine but yesterday I finally succumbed to Nero's entreaties to upgrade to ver 12 for $NZ55. One reason was that the specs said it handled .3gp files and I was just finding my tablet produced these. Well, what a have. It doesn't handle my version of 3gp files but, wait, it would if I upgraded to Platinum. B***stards. You'd think with a huge so-called comprehensive package they would be as good as the specs say. And you have to be supersharp to prevent them loading all sorts of taskbars and other crap.

So, I still have to use a little free converter to get 3gp files into editable form.

Yes, you might say buyer's remorse is setting in! Guess I will get OK with it in time and get $55 worth from it. But, like others have said, we don't make many CD/DVD's anymore and freebies do that job fine.

bk T
30-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Yes, I liked nero, but yes, it is bloat....
Gave up on it ages ago.

What do you use now?

gary67
30-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I used CDburnerXP for a while but switched to burnaware free which I find is much simpler to use and works very well and is my burning software of choice over anything else

Neil McC
01-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I've been using IMG Burn for a few years now after giving up on Nero.