PDA

View Full Version : Windows Me - Full screen display problem

11-11-2001, 05:29 PM
Hi

Since installing Windows Millenium, whenever I try to run any game in full screen mode, all I get is a black screen but with sound.

I have tried the following but with no luck:

1) Replaced my old Trident Linear 3D Image 9750 display card with a new GeForce 2MX 200 3D 32MB AGP card.

2) Updated it with the latest drivers

3) Updated from DirectX 7.0 to v8.0a

4) Ran the WinMe display troubleshooter

5) Changed hardware acceleration from 'full' to 'basic'

5) Ran directX diagnostics 'dxdiag', the DirectX files tab shows no problems. In the display tab, testing the DirectDraw, the first two tests work fine but the 3rd test to show a bouncing white box
in full screen mode won't work.Testing Direct3D and AGP texturing fails also.

Would be really grateful if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix!

(As a last resort I will dump WinMe and go back to Win98!!!!)

Thanks in advance

13-11-2001, 01:43 AM
Windows ME is buggy and sucks it was a marketing exercise that was rushed out to bring in the new year (ME short for multiple errors) unfortunately to go back to windows 98 requires a clean format and hours of reinstallation, these days I wait and read up on any new product in about one years time, most new operating bugs have been ironed out Win 2000 is reaching that maturity stage now.USe partition magic if you have it and transfer as much data as you can to a seperate partition then do a clean install I highly recommend using goback and norton antivirus and utilities , contact me if you need any advise kiwibeat@hotmail.com

13-11-2001, 01:43 AM
Windows ME is buggy and sucks it was a marketing exercise that was rushed out to bring in the new year (ME short for multiple errors) unfortunately to go back to windows 98 requires a clean format and hours of reinstallation, these days I wait and read up on any new product in about one years time, most new operating bugs have been ironed out Win 2000 is reaching that maturity stage now.USe partition magic if you have it and transfer as much data as you can to a seperate partition then do a clean install I highly recommend using goback and norton antivirus and utilities , contact me if you need any advise kiwibeat@hotmail.com