PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Won't Start Up

tirikatene
26-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Today, just a normal boot to work on my Dell desktop and Windows Vista wouldn't load.

The inital message says that the AHCI Bios is not installed and states the company of manufacture,etc

When i took a look at the BIOS via the F2 settings there is no AHCI Bios, only Phoenix which the computer came with?

The computer is trying to correct the probelm with Windoes repair, safe mode options and software reloads, but nothing works.

So I guess the probelm is in the computers base software (BIOS) and none of these option work.

Have got out of real jams in the past, but think this one has got me good- --

Speedy Gonzales
26-11-2012, 06:13 PM
According to this site this guy had the same prob, and a printer or its software was the prob? (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/896674-solved-ahci-bios-not-installed.html)

Ah I see now the computer may think a printer is a bootable device. Like it says here (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19435833/20049041.aspx)

If the printer has a card reader it maybe trying to boot from it, if its on removable disk in the BIOS (as the bootdisk). Make sure the hdd is the bootdisk in the BIOS. If it is, turn the printer off, when you turn the computer on

tirikatene
26-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi Speedy

Tried changing the first boot device from CD/ DVD to Hard Drive, but still no change.

Alslo switched off all peripherials such as printers, etc but still no go

On closer examination, the ACHI BIOS is the Phoenix company, so not diferent from the original BIOS

Still states it cannot find this BIOS

There is an F2 setting that gives you the option to go back to default settings, but unsure if I should try that?

Think the hard drive is all OK as on one occasion the computer did a full scandisk to check all sectors were OK

Any other ideas welcome - - - -

feersumendjinn
26-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Replaced the CMOS/BIOS battery?

Profix
27-11-2012, 10:28 AM
When you attempt to boot normally, does vista produce a blue screen?