PDA

View Full Version : IE9 vs E10

lostsoul62
26-11-2012, 06:48 AM
I have Windows 7 and 8 and I put IE10 on my Windows 7 just because I want to keep up with the times however I really don't see any difference and if you do please let me know or maybe a good tutorial? Now on my Windows 8 I'm reading the chapter on IE10 and again I just don't see how it is going to benefit me. I'm an old man and I am sure I'm missing something that someone can point out. I don't want to be left behind but I don't want to spend hours on something I know or won't use. Please let me know what you think?

Nick G
26-11-2012, 08:15 AM
My advice - download something other than ie. The latest Firefox is good, though chrome and opera are both good choices as well.

Bobh
26-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I downloaded Internet Explorer 10, it worked for a few days but now when loading it fails to load the home pages and locks up.

I am now back to using Firefox with no problems.

Trev
26-11-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm using IE10 no problems. I'm just a basic user don't do anything fancy with it. The only thing I have noticed is that it has a built in spell checker which is automatically activated apoun installation.
:)

pcuser42
26-11-2012, 09:27 AM
IE10 has better support for HTML5 (browser-based form validation being the one I've noticed :D), which is good.

Terry Porritt
26-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm using IE10 no problems. I'm just a basic user don't do anything fancy with it. The only thing I have noticed is that it has a built in spell checker which is automatically activated apoun installation.

Hmm...it doesn't appear to be working :thumbs:

dugimodo
26-11-2012, 11:05 AM
The whole "which browser is better" question never interested me much, it seems more like anti MS sentiment more than anything to me. I've played with FF, Chrome and IE out of interest but generally I just stick with whatever the windows default is. It works and I see no need to clutter my machine up with multiple browsers. I read a lot of comments about which has better security or addons or standards compliance and I don't care about any of it, As long as I can get the websites I want and they work it's all good from my perspective. I'll upgrade to IE10 when it auto updates and not before, IE9 is fine.

I think the people who care the most are people who create and maintain websites, if they all comply to the same standards life would no doubt be much easier. As an end user though that doesn't matter to me. If you prefer the look or feel or the available addons for one particular browser use that one, I'll stick with IE

Trev
26-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Hmm...it doesn't appear to be working :thumbs:
Yes it is working. apoun it gave me 3 options amount, apian and apron so I decided to leave it as it was.
:D

nmercer
28-11-2012, 11:24 AM
IE10 for Windows 7 is not even a released final product, it is only released for Windows 8. I'd recommend waiting for it to go final release for Windows 7 before upgrading to it.

Erger
04-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I am using the IE10 pre-release on my Win 7 machine but I when I try to add add-ons such as Google Search accelerator all I get is 'No results found' does anyone have any idea why?

Iantech
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I am using the IE10 pre-release on my Win 7 machine but I when I try to add add-ons such as Google Search accelerator all I get is 'No results found' does anyone have any idea why?Because Microsoft want you to use Bing! Google "add google search" or similar and it will take you to a page where you can add it.

dugimodo
05-12-2012, 06:53 AM
The add-ons page is region specific and goes to a NZ page with nothing on it, same thing happens in windows 7. If you look at the web address and delete all the NZ specific parts at the end of the address it goes back to the default US one and works.
http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites

Erger
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The add-ons page is region specific and goes to a NZ page with nothing on it, same thing happens in windows 7. If you look at the web address and delete all the NZ specific parts at the end of the address it goes back to the default US one and works.
http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites

Great thanks for that!