PDA

View Full Version : The tv adverts

Digby
21-11-2012, 07:35 PM
The tv adverts are not louder than the programs, but we are going to turn them down anyway.

We also think that everyone liked the Hardly Norman ads where that girl shouted "Go Harvey Norman".

We are sorry that we toned it down.

We are in no way copying what has happened in the USA where it has been made illegal to have ads louder than the programs.

It took us 20 years to perfect the volume control.

Lying b....s

Bobh
21-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I do not know if Harvey Norman or any other adverts on TV are all that much louder than the program for me to notice. I do however go into Harvey Norman's computer department at Invercargill and find that they do play over loud music in their shop (particularly in their Computer Department). It affects my eardrums so I do not stay around very long. I find it hard to shop in Harvey Norman.

wmoore
21-11-2012, 08:38 PM
The Harvey Norman ads are known in the advertising industry as 'hard sell' or to the common man 'shouty ads'. If we stop following the american 'hard sell' advertising way and move to just 'soft sell' like it is in the UK.

Trev
21-11-2012, 08:41 PM
TVNZ turning the ads volume down from this Sunday.
:)

wainuitech
21-11-2012, 09:05 PM
TVNZ turning the ads volume down from this Sunday.
:) Yep that was on the Fairgo ad awards - some of the Ads are currently louder than the actual programs, ( it was explained why/how it all works) namely the Harvey Norman, and that Bed ad with the blond haired lady ( cant remember the name of the company) TVNZ are lowering the volume on ads like that.

KarameaDave
21-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry, could you speak up? :D

Trev
21-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Yep that was on the Fairgo ad awards - some of the Ads are currently louder than the actual programs, ( it was explained why/how it all works) namely the Harvey Norman, and that Bed ad with the blond haired lady ( cant remember the name of the company) TVNZ are lowering the volume on ads like that.
Big Save Furniture. The blond girl is one of the owners. She is married with 2 or 3 kids.

Digby
22-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Big Save Furniture. The blond girl is one of the owners. She is married with 2 or 3 kids.

When she started I quite liked her, now the is the saleswoman from hell!

Cicero
22-11-2012, 06:07 AM
It matters not to me, I turn them off instantly.

Talk about a quick draw.................

Trev
22-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Ads don't worry me except that Cigna funeral ad which I turn the sound off when it comes on. Its amazing how two ads advertising the thing can be quite different. AA insurance have a funeral ad with Gary McCormick and for a funeral ad is rather pleasant.

paulw
22-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I see in the article in yesterdays Herald that Sky is not signing up for this. Some of their ads in the like on Natgeo and Discovery are way worse than what's on FTA at the moment. The other comment there was " Since we have been buying more Australian made ads they are way louder" which would see correct from what I've seen of ozz TV over the years. They always shout the ads at you.

fred_fish
22-11-2012, 07:48 AM
^^
That's because they are trying to be heard over the average aussie housewife ...

Roscoe
22-11-2012, 08:08 AM
It matters not to me, I turn them off instantly.

Talk about a quick draw.................

I care not as well. I can't be bothered with all that noise, so I mute all the ads. Much more preferable.

R2x1
22-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I mute the ads and the programs (by not using the power button). It saves annoyance and electricity.

Cicero
22-11-2012, 08:39 AM
nt. AA insurance have a funeral ad with Gary McCormick and for a funeral ad is rather pleasant.
How can anything with a talentless fellow in it be pleasant.?

I suppose it is the measure of ones taste.

Richard
22-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Once more O Mighty Cicero thou do'st indeed speak wisely.

Cicero
22-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Once more O Mighty Cicero thou do'st indeed speak wisely.

Sorry Richard just canst help it.

Trev
22-11-2012, 10:13 AM
How can anything with a talentless fellow in it be pleasant.?

I suppose it is the measure of ones taste.
Saying nothing constructive as usual.