PDA

View Full Version : wireless Mic for speech recognition

lostsoul62
18-11-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm looking for a wireless Mic for speech recognition and I have no idea on which one I should get. I guess I'll go with Windows 8 speech recognition but I want to be able to walk around the room while I'm using it. Any suggestions?

wainuitech
18-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Did you want headphones on it as well ??

I have a couple of the Microsoft lifechat zx-6000 ( ones brand new still in box ) - Same as this on on Trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/peripherals/headsets-microphones/headsets/auction-525677938.htm ( no thats not me selling it either) :) Dont know if you can still get them or not.

Haven't tried it with Windows 8 but according to MS it is compatible, actually been meaning to try it, so I just put it on charge. I know it works on W7 fine. The specs say it has a range of 10 Mtrs.

Chilling_Silence
18-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Bluetooth headset and a cheap Bluetooth adapter works wonders also!

wainuitech
18-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Chill, have you actually tried blue tooth and WSR AND got it to actually work on W8 ?

Just tried a blue tooth Adaptor and the Head set that I use on the phone ( which works perfectly with the phone) Doesn't work on WSR. The signal is not strong enough to get it to work, Speech Simply says no Audio device, yet plug in a wireless one, Like I mentioned before and it works perfectly.

lostsoul62
18-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't need or want headphones because it will be used for speech recognition only and with that in mind blue tooth might not be what I'm looking for but I don't know. I would sure hate to get something and it just don't work because it's made for this and that. I want a simple wireless mic and that's it but I don't want to be the guy that goes out to buy a car and ends up with a bike.

Chilling_Silence
18-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I've had it working with TeamSpeak3 on Win8, just not tried with WSR, never had a need to... I would try it, but I'm away for several days with work and won't be home any time soon sorry.

wainuitech
18-11-2012, 06:19 PM
W8 ( WSR) understands some commands really easy, It knows what Desktop, Start menu, Open Internet Explorer, Open Wordpad are when you say it. :)

Just been having a bit of a play. ( all with voice controls) :) Completely un-taught, meaning WSR hasn't been taught how I speak.

Plenty of " What was that" messages lol. Tried "Pressf1 help forum" wont tell you what it actually wrote in wordpad.

Chilling_Silence
18-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh? Nifty! :D