PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch - iOS Update Failed Issues

learning
17-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I have a iPod Touch - 5th generation.

I got the notification that an update was available and so i decided to go for the 6.01 ver
Now it looks like my iPod touch is toast :(

I plugged my iPod touch to my PC and did a upgrade via iTunes and it downloaded the software and then went to update it during the process it threw some error that it failed to update it and just rebooted my iPod touch and all i see now on the iPod screen is a USB cable indicating to connect to iTunes.

So i plug it back to my PC and then i get message from iTunes that it detected iPod is in recovery mode and that i must restore it before it can be used with iTunes.

And when i go for restore option it says it will download update software for it after restore.

After downloading it gets stuck in that same cycle.
I get told to restore my iPod and as its in recovery mode and download the update.

Is there someway around this...I m kickin myself to do the stupid update Apple told me to do so :(

sahilcc7
17-11-2012, 06:20 PM
You can get out of this mode. Download TinyUmbrella - http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-6.01.01.exe

Then use the 'Exit Recovery' option to get out of that mode.

EDIT - Before you try that, you could try holding power+home for 10-20 seconds and see if it boots back up.

learning
19-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks...I had tried that but same thing.

I just ended up taking it to Apple store. The apple employee took it in the back room and emerged 10 min later saying they had restored iPod touch with iOS 6.01 and it was now working.

When i asked him what happened he said it seems your iTunes software was corrupt and when it went to upgrade the iPod, it corrupted its OS.

so its working now...i just have to put everything back on it now from iTunes.
And i dont want to upgrade the iOS again .....for very long time after this experience

sahilcc7
19-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Sweet.. Another reason why iTunes sucks :D

Slankydudl
19-11-2012, 02:11 PM
You dont have to upgrade through itunes, next time just go to settings/general/software update. from there you can update on your ipod so long as you have wifi.

Nick G
19-11-2012, 03:52 PM
And enough empty space.

learning
19-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks will do.....btw PCWorld forum could use the functionality where we could just 'use thumbs' up or 'agree' icon/button
in response to a post.....Saves the typing of thank you/ i concur replys :)

Nick G
19-11-2012, 09:00 PM
We've been hoping and waiting for a +1 button for a while now.