PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard driver

ianhnz
14-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi guys.
I have a Dick Smiths multi something key board, with short cut keys on it.

It's model number is XH 3443 and I did a search and couldn't find it.

I checked the DSE site, cause I think I got it from there, last time.

Anyone know how I might find it?

:thanks :thanks
Ian

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Its working isnt it, if you typed this with it. Altho you need to make the font / text bigger. Probably better if you get a USB kb, and download the drivers for the function keys from whatever site. The DSE one is probably obsolete now, and there are no drivers on the site

ianhnz
14-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Its working isnt it, if you typed this with it. Altho you need to make the font / text bigger

Yes, it was/is rather small.

I can type was wanted to use the extra keys. \\

Like for CD/DVD control, web access, email, and some others I'm not sure of...:waughh:

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Be easier to get a USB one if you've got spare USB ports. Its not a driver you need, its a program

ianhnz
14-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Be easier to get a USB one if you've got spare USB ports. Its not a driver you need, its a program

Thats true.

I have 4, spare, but problem is um lack of folding stuff.

I have 3 or 4 other keyboards, but like this one.

Like me, it's a good looker, but getting old.

Cough, cough..

Agent_24
14-11-2012, 08:21 PM
The driver program is not strictly necessary, there are many programs that can interpret the multimedia keys and do things with them, in fact most programs can interpret "standard" multimedia keys anyway.

That said, I also have one of these XH3443 keyboards and I have uploaded the driver (http://starwatcher-circuits.net23.net/DSE Keyboard Drivers.zip) for you :)

It's a CD image of the driver CD. Burn it to CD or mount on a virtual drive... It will ask what model you wish to install, the correct choice is "KB9885" (Don't ask me how I know this!)

Note it only works on XP and earlier. I don't think I could ever find an updated version for Vista+

On Anything newer than XP you will need to use a 3rd party hotkey program as mentioned earlier... On Windows 7 I use one called "HotKeyBind" for this keyboard.

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 08:29 PM
It doesnt extract Agent, winrar says its an unknown format or damaged. I can select extract but there's nothing in the folder

Agent_24
14-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Re-uploaded, should be fine now...

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it the same link because it still says the same error

wainuitech
14-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Using IE10 it did download, but was VERY slow, @ 89% it stopped with an interrupted message, clicked resume and it carried on.

W8 opens the ISO file fine.

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Must be FF then

Agent_24
14-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately that webhost is pretty bad for large files... use a good download manager, something that supports resume in case there's an interruption.

I would have uploaded it to the forum but it was too large

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Yup must be FF it cant resume, and when FF downloaded it it wasnt complete

wainuitech
14-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Uploaded the ISO to the following, 15.9MB or there abouts. http://www.filedropper.com/dsekeyboarddrivers

stratex5
14-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Why doesnt someone upload it to a dropbox. Much easier.:)

EDIT - And Wainuitech, your uploaded file doesnt download on my android? Mabye just my phone :confused:

Trev
14-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm using a 12yo PS2 keyboard on my 8 month old computer. It has buttons on it for shut down, sleep which I use and buttons for IE and email. Didn't need any drivers for it.
:)

wainuitech
14-11-2012, 10:38 PM
EDIT - And Wainuitech, your uploaded file doesnt download on my android? Mabye just my phone :confused: Must be your phone, ( android) tried it on two different PC's W7 and W8 using IE & FF and they all downloaded fine.

Edited: Just tried it on SWMBO Tablet Android, didn't work on that.

stratex5
15-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Ohh, android must just have a problem with the site.

ianhnz
15-11-2012, 10:42 AM
The driver program is not strictly necessary, there are many programs that can interpret the multimedia keys and do things with them, in fact most programs can interpret "standard" multimedia keys anyway.

That said, I also have one of these XH3443 keyboards and I have uploaded the driver (http://starwatcher-circuits.net23.net/DSE Keyboard Drivers.zip) for you :)

It's a CD image of the driver CD. Burn it to CD or mount on a virtual drive... It will ask what model you wish to install, the correct choice is "KB9885" (Don't ask me how I know this!)

Note it only works on XP and earlier. I don't think I could ever find an updated version for Vista+

On Anything newer than XP you will need to use a 3rd party hotkey program as mentioned earlier... On Windows 7 I use one called "HotKeyBind" for this keyboard.

Thank you.

Much appreciated

Looking at all the remaining posts, since your one, I downloaded, quickly with Firefox V17.

stratex5
15-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I didnt know firefox was up to version 17:confused:

Agent_24
15-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Beta channel? Mine is on release and says 16.0.2 is up to date

dugimodo
15-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Dick smith branded keyboards are just rebadged versions of other manufacturers, sometimes if you can figure out the real model it's easier to find drivers that way. I remember getting a chicony driver for a Dick Smith Keyboard when I upgraded from 98 - XP way back when.

These days I generally use logitech or microsoft USB keyboards though - no driver issues and more features.