PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer ????

Nhashon
14-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi , i hardly use internet expolrer , i use chrome. I came to notice yesterday that half things on a website dont get loaded and just internet explorer having problems . So i thought to reinstall it and see but when i go into programs , and also used cc cleaner software , the program doesnt show up . what should i do , where can i find it .

Jen
14-11-2012, 05:55 PM
How did you reinstall IE? What version did you have and what OS?

wainuitech
14-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Internet explorer is built into Windows, it wont be in the install Programs as per other programs.

You don't mention what OS, but XP/Vista/ W7 are all basically the same, go into Add/remove programs ( XP) or Programs features (Vista/W7) On the left, Turn Windows features on/off, when it loads IE will have a tick next to it, by un-ticking it, it will remove IE, click OK, put the tick back and it will put it back again.

Keep in mind two things:

1. If IE is to old, then it wont display some pages correctly, if Using XP the latest is version 8, if Using Vista/W7 its version 9,You may have to upgrade to the latest version for your OS.
2. IE is used for several other programs In Windows, by removing it completely you will break them as well.

Nhashon
14-11-2012, 09:31 PM
hey i have windows 7 , now i did mention reinstalling but could not reinstall and it is latest version ie 9 , now i did a malware scan.in which malwarebytes found a trojan agent . im not sure if that is affecting it , but i removed it today . also i will tommorow see if internet explorer is still having problens ,after i removed a trojan ,cleared regristy/cookies. any other help would be good .

Speedy Gonzales
14-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I would make sure java is up to date. Make sure 6 update 37 or 7 update 9 of java is installed. Uninstall ALL previous versions. I would also use something like ccleaner. To remove the temp files on your system

Nhashon
14-11-2012, 11:53 PM
hey speedy thanks for that maybe my internet explorer is working properally and i havent told u that it has been a while that i have unistalled java because i felt that there is no need for that and that it has lots of vulnerabilites and that flash is what most website need . so i dont have java . Do u think i saw get it again or what ???

Nhashon
14-11-2012, 11:55 PM
And i have used cc cleaner to clear out temp files . Thanks