PDA

View Full Version : Flip Broadband

Poppa John
13-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi All.
Anybody with these people? Seems too good to be true. PJ

pctek
13-11-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/callplus-offshoot-flip-launches-prepay-homeline-free-broadband-plan-wb-126800

Callplus.

Its just line and 5GB, add calling, add caller id, voicemail, add calls, add more data etc etc....

Ok if you just want the line and 5GB I guess, although Callplus doesn't thrill me, I have minimum confidence in the customer service you are likely to get....

Poppa John
13-11-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/callplus-offshoot-flip-launches-prepay-homeline-free-broadband-plan-wb-126800

Callplus.

Its just line and 5GB, add calling, add caller id, voicemail, add calls, add more data etc etc....

Ok if you just want the line and 5GB I guess, although Callplus doesn't thrill me, I have minimum confidence in the customer service you are likely to get....

We are with Orcon at the moment. Homeline, 5GB & line maint. Basic $84/month, so no extras. $11/month is a surcharge to Telecom to allow Orcon to use Telecom gear. Not many people will knw that. PJ

mark c
13-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I live way out in the wop-wops in Te Hokianga. I phoned Flip and said, 'Sounds like a good deal. Can I get it here?' They said 'Yeah sure, maybe take a couple of weeks.' That was about 3 months ago and no word.
EDIT
Yeah sure , I know about the commercial imperative. They aren't going to say 'No, you can't have it.' Probably suit some who are near the right cabinets in the right areas, but I do get sick of the bullshit advertising.

8ftmetalhaed
13-11-2012, 09:10 PM
might pay to check in with them to see if/when you'll be able to get naked or native orcon supply. I was paying 110 bucks a month for my 30gb w/phone, turned out a while prior they'd been able to get me in on the loop but didn't tell me. Now paying 20 bucks less for 8 times the data.

Bobh
14-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I used to get by on 5 GB a month. I am now on 50 GB with telecom. I do a lot of downloading and watch Utube videos so 50 GB suits me.

If all you want to do is surf the web, read email and do some downloads 5 GB is sufficient. Reading their web site if you go over the 5 GB you can simply buy top-up (which won’t expire for 12 months). If you do not buy more data your speed will drop to 128kb.

Having no contract may suit some people but there is a $49.95 activation fee. No free modem. Fees are paid in advance.