PDA

View Full Version : WiFi not connecting

Advocar
12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi I have a netCommWireless NB604N ADSL2 +WiFi Modem Router but my problem is that on cable desktop or laptop all ok.When I try to connect to net it tries but then windows message unable to connect.

Have Group set up. and can see two pc's and my wireless network plus others.
Able to use ipad in lounge so wireless working.
Satellite Pro C650. PC has no mechanical switch to turn WiFi on /off. But search on net indicates ALT + F8 turns on off but I cannot see any change in system displayed

I do have a message "Wireless network connection attempting to authenticate Atheros AR9285 Wireless network. Ipv4 and IPV6 Connectivity not connected. SSID netcom wireless. At times I have seen incoming data but no outgoing data. DHCP enabled

Clicking on wireless icon shows OK

Have just noticed that IPV$4 address default gateway also are different.

Advocar

Speedy Gonzales
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
What firewall is installed, besides the windows one? And are you sure, you're putting the right password in? Are all the connections on auto, or did you give them static ips?? None of the iips are conflicting, are they?

wainuitech
12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Wireless network connection attempting to authenticate Atheros AR9285 Wireless network. The wireless is being detected then, could be the password is to complicated for it to accept. Try removing the password completely from the router, then see if it connects - It should.

Something to try :

If it does connect OK with no password then remove the stored password from the wireless settings/ connection on the laptop, set up a new password or retry the existing one. If its still failing on the existing one, then look to see if there's a software upgrade for your Laptop, or reduce the strength on the password till it connects with out problems.

linw
12-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Or try weaker or no security encryption. The ipad works so check its settings.