PDA

View Full Version : Logging in to webmail on cPanel

rumpty
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Using WXP, Firefox. When I log in to check my webmail, using cPanel, there is a momentary message displayed, "login successful. Redirecting", but followed almost immediately by "Your IP address has changed. Please log in again." If I log in again, the same thing happens. But, using a different OS on the same computer and router, the login works properly and I can access my webmail page.

Which IP address is being referred to? The OS in question has a static address which I haven't changed.

Some searching on the internet regarding the problem has brought up some hits, but I haven't found a solution there. Any suggestions please?

Another thing, When I try to log in to PressF1, the same thing happens! After a message about redirecting, the log in page comes up again. To post this message, had to change to the other OS.

stu161204
12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
What version of Firefox are you using?

What happens when you use a different browser?, does the same thing happen?

rumpty
12-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm using FF 16.0.2. Tried IE, but for some reason the password field was locked and wouldn't accept the cursor.

rumpty
12-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I installed Firefox Portable 16.0.2, and using that, all is well. The cPanel login for my webmail works as it should, as does the PressF1 login.

Maybe it is time for a "clean install" of the main Firefox?

rumpty
13-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Using the new? reset button in Firefox fixed it. Also, in a general additional clean out, trimmed the browsing history to a more sensible couple of months, instead of years. For what it's worth, "vacuumed" all the sqlite files with Bleachbit too.