PDA

View Full Version : Synaptics Touchpad big problems

daruudaruu
10-11-2012, 03:41 AM
I've tried all before posting here.

I have an Acer 5750G with Win7 x64. It had the Home Premium OA version of Windows 7 and I recently installed a clean Windows 7 withouth the Acer stuff.

All the drivers in Acer Support work except the Touchpad one from Synaptics. Well, IT WORKS, but the lateral scroll doesn't work anymore, and neither does multitouch features...

In the control panel of Synaptics appear only the options for buttons and general, but nothing of scroll and that. I'm so desperate, 'cause any searched content on Google won't help me.

Can someone give me a bit of help with this?

Nick G
10-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Try looking for updated drivers from the manufactorers website?

daruudaruu
12-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Nothing. In the control panel of Synaptics still can't see any option for scroll, only General and Buttons.

CliveM
12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
As Nick said search the manufacturers site for updated drivers for your model.

Nick G
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Nothing. In the control panel of Synaptics still can't see any option for scroll, only General and Buttons.
Yes yes, all very nice. Now go to the manufacturers website, and get the drivers for the touchpad from http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3475

Make sure you get the most recent Synaptics one.

daruudaruu
12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes yes, all very nice. Now go to the manufacturers website, and get the drivers for the touchpad from http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3475

Make sure you get the most recent Synaptics one.

Well, I think you misunderstood me, sir.

I meant that I already did that, but drivers seem to do nothing with my scroll. I can use the touchpad, but no scrolling features. All that I tried is to describe that even with these updated drivers, it doesn't work, and in the menu of Synaptics only appear two options: general and buttons, when it should clearly appear "Scrolling" among others.

Chilling_Silence
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah get the official one from the Synaptics website, it's newer than the Acer one.

Nick G
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, I think you misunderstood me, sir.

I meant that I already did that, but drivers seem to do nothing with my scroll. I can use the touchpad, but no scrolling features. All that I tried is to describe that even with these updated drivers, it doesn't work, and in the menu of Synaptics only appear two options: general and buttons, when it should clearly appear "Scrolling" among others.
I did indeed misunderstand you, my apologies. As Chill said, the Synaptics website is the next place to go.