PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 PROBLEMS!!!!

bk T
08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Turned ON my PC, Win 8 loads OK but my mouse (wireless) and KB (wired) won't move! Thought the battery is weak, changed a new battery, still won't work. Forced a hard reset, entered BIOS setup, mouse, KB, all work fine. Exit BIOS, Win 8 loads but still no mouse and KB. Did another hard reset, this time, mouse, and KB came back to live.

Any suggestions, Win 8 lovers?

stratex5
08-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Drivers?

fred_fish
08-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Have you tried 'swiping' the screen ... ;)

pcuser42
08-11-2012, 08:57 PM
I've had this on my computer as well, but I'm pretty sure it's because the USB ports don't always work, as everything else dies too...

Winston001
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Have you tried 'swiping' the screen ... ;)

Uh...ya mean as in I like Swipe...http://www.manta.com/c/mm23nl1/i-like-swipe-inc

bk T
08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Keyboard needs driver? This is a simple and basic wired USB keyboard.

This KB and mouse have been with me for more than a year and they are working perfectly fine with Windows 7. If a new OS requires driver for a simple KB and mouse, what the hexx.

If it's behaving so erratically, looks like I'll have to change back to my Win 7. Luckily, it's just a $20.00 upgrade!

Will give it a go for another week or so.

bk T
09-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Event viewer shows this:

Source: Win32k

Event ID; 253

Details: A pointer device does not have a mandatory co-ordinate property.

Googled found that there are some others having the same problem but no solution to it.

CYaBro
09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I've found that sometimes Win8 starts up but there is an issue with the USB ports in Device Manager so my wireless mouse doesn't work.
I have to remove the problem USB controller, that has the exclamation mark on it in device manager, and then redetect new hardware.
Win8 finds it again, installs it and everything works.

I haven't had a chance to do some more digging as to why this happens.

Iantech
09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
While it is running, try changing your keyboard and mouse to different USB ports (one at a time). - You may have to wait for a 30 secs for Win 8 recognise them. See what response you get.

bk T
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Iantech, will try your suggestion when it happens again, keep my fingers crossed.

Really find Win 8 is weird - can't even right those basics right.

kingdragonfly
09-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I suggest turning off all mouse pointer features, to see if it improves

* enhanced pointer precision

* snap to

* acceleration

* hide pointer while typing

I'd also suggest turning on

* Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key

bk T
12-11-2012, 08:30 AM
I've found that sometimes Win8 starts up but there is an issue with the USB ports in Device Manager so my wireless mouse doesn't work.
I have to remove the problem USB controller, that has the exclamation mark on it in device manager, and then redetect new hardware.
Win8 finds it again, installs it and everything works.

I haven't had a chance to do some more digging as to why this happens.

CYaBro, have you got a chance to do some exploration as to why?

It happened again yesterday and I did as Iantech suggested below, swappign them to different USB ports to get them back to work.

It's somehow, sometimes, Win 8 doesn't detect the USB devices. If this problem continues and couldn't find a solution to it, I'll have to go back to my good old Windows 7.

And, also I am unable to find out this event error as mentioned earlier:

"Event ID; 253

Details: A pointer device does not have a mandatory co-ordinate property."

While it is running, try changing your keyboard and mouse to different USB ports (one at a time). - You may have to wait for a 30 secs for Win 8 recognise them. See what response you get.

Cheers