PDA

View Full Version : How the heck can this happen?

Billy T
08-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm baffled :illogical

All three images are consecutive months of internet usage, 1, 2 ,3 from left to right.

The first image shows our typical usage pattern over one billing month, and all preceding data is much the same. All those logs show the data creep slowly up during the month as usage time and downloads accumulate, stopping just short of our cap after my monthly threat to disinherit Billy jnr. That all makes sense to me.

However, the second and third images show a peak mid-month, and then it seems that I have gone into negative usage. It is not caused by changes in Data Cap, which Telecom have done every time I chopped my cap to get the price down. Within weeks they have doubled it again for no extra cost.

There is probably a stupidly simple answer, but most of the time I see an 'image 1' display, yet from time to time it seems to go backwards.

Maybe I could end up with Telecom paying me................

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

dugimodo
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
It's gotta be a graph error or error in recording. You didn't view it before the end of the billing period by any chance? Apart from the fact that usage can't go backwards the downhill slope is perfectly straight which shouldn't happen from actual usage. My guess is the from the peak of the graph there is no valid usage data for the rest of the month and it has defaulted to that straight line for some reason. Weird.

Agent_24
08-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Looks like the graph has simply stuffed up

Slankydudl
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
go home telecom your drunk.

Billy T
08-11-2012, 10:43 PM
This one is even better! It zeroed on 28/12/2011 and again on 06/01/2012.

I'm not going to worry about it. During a previous stoush with Telecom it was found that the data this program was accessing is drawn direct from Telecom, so if this is what they think I am using then that is fine by me.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

kingdragonfly
09-11-2012, 01:25 PM
You using version 1.87?

http://www.tuc.co.nz/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=22&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=15

Billy T
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Nope, 1.86.

Does 1.87 have a bug fix for this?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)