PDA

View Full Version : Samsung AllShare - sharing folders

Chikara
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Hi all

Does anyone here use Samsung AllShare on their PC?
I've just bought a Samsung BluRay player and am trying out the feature to stream content from my PC, to my TV via the player, using my wifi connection.

It's pretty much working fine, but my question is, is it possible to share and unshare specific folders and subfolders from streaming?
For example, the default share folders are 'My Videos' 'My Pictures' and 'My Music'. This is mostly okay, but as I cant really control who is using the TV, I don't want to have all subfolder content available for streaming - only some of them. There doesn't seem to be any obvious way of doing this, apart from unsharing the top level folder and manually sharing each individual subfolder. Which would take a very long time to do, as I have many subfolders. Is there an easier way?

Also, does anyone know it it's possible to change what is shared between different devices? EG - I only want to share some content via the BluRay player, but I am happy to share all content to my phone (as I am the only user of my phone, but others could use the player/tv).
I've had a look at the website and FAQ's but it's not really clear.

Or alternatively, any other software that will achieve the same thing, and ideally run on my Android phone as well like Allshare does?

Thanks in advance...