PDA

View Full Version : Firefox lag/freeze

EviLClouD
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey there, i have an issue where firefox would often lag/freeze while watching youtube videos...
It makes the videos all stuttery and firefox doesnt register any actions while this happens.
Sometimes it'll go away by itself, other times i have to close the youtube tab and all is good again.
Running windows 8 with the latest firefox + adobe flash player.
3570k, 8GB DDR3, 180GB SSD, GTX660ti
Does this happen to anyone else? Might have to swap to browsers to chrome or similar...
Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Could be an addon? Is flash 11.4.402.287 installed?? Have you tried IE to see if it does the same thing?

EviLClouD
03-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Yep thats the flash i got.
Nope IE works perfectly fine.

wainuitech
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Just been doing some reading -- Seems lots of people are having the same problem.

Its not FF (directly) the cause its the FF Flash plugin, its not fully compatible (according to several sites) with Windows 8 Yet.

IE10 and chrome both come with Flash embedded, that's why they work where FF doesn't sometimes.

Personally I dont use FF on W8, Use either IE, Chrome or Rockmelt ( kind of social media Browser based on Chrome)

SteveJ
04-11-2012, 01:40 AM
I have not faced such a problem ever.I personally think that it is a best browser which offers the best and fastest quality for browsing and specially for all the video hosting sites.