PDA

View Full Version : Best CD DVD Burner?

Strommer
03-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Free or $$, for a friend who needs a simple easy-peasy foolproof burner
so that she can make [non copyright i.e. legal] copies of audio CDs and film DVDs (disk to disk, not data on her laptop to disk).
Win7.

ImgBurn is too complicated for her. Several months ago I put it on her laptop and
she faithfully wrote down a detailed set of instructions, then lost the instructions.

Nero - way too much bloat - she does not need video authoring or any other editing.
Also, the user reviews on CNET for Nero 12 are poor.
All she wants to do is to make copies.

* She needs the ability to make multiple copies.

* Needs to have a button that says COPY.
That is, not having to make an iso file as with ImgBurn.

I have Googled, and searched on CNET but have not found anything convincing.

Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Rip the audio cds in media player or something. And use something like DVD maker to burn the DVD's. Disk to disk on a laptop?? How many cd's/dvd's does it have?? If you mean cd/dvd?

It probably wont keep up if you tried to copy from cds/dvd to dvd. Just rip whatever then make copies of it from the hdd

Strommer
03-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Rip the audio cds in media player or something. And use something like DVD maker to burn the DVD's. Disk to disk on a laptop?? How many cd's/dvd's does it have?? If you mean cd/dvd?

It probably wont keep up if you tried to copy from cds/dvd to dvd. Just rip whatever then make copies of it from the hdd

Does Win7 Media Player allow copying both audio CDs and film DVDs? If so, is it a *simple* process?
I did have a look at Win Media Player... and as far as using DVD Maker, that would be too complicated, really - she needs something that has a pop up window that says "COPY", "INSERT A BLANK DVD", etc.

Just rip whatever then make copies of it from the hdd This would be too complex for her to do.

How many cd's/dvd's does it have?? If you mean cd/dvd?
She wants to make single - or - multiple copies of an audio CD, or of a film DVD.

Speedy Gonzales
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Dont think WMP rips dvd's. I maybe wrong. I never used it for either, when I had Win7. I'm using Win8 now

wainuitech
03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Personally myself, and lot of my customers use Ashmpoo burning software: heres a free version ( ad Supported it says) Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free.shtml (http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free.shtml) If you click on the picture below the download link it gives screen shots.

Lots of magazines give it away as part of their monthly DVD, with a full Key so theres no ads.( Igot a few :) ) if you want one.

To copy a CD/DVD cant be much easier - put in CD/DVD - open program, click copy CD/DVD/Blu-Ray - Click Next, when copied, the drive opens and you remove the original, put in a blank, close drive, Click next, under the change options you can tell it how many copies and the speed of burn

If doing a large burn pays to reduce the speed, click Write DVD ( or CD) and away it goes, if doing multi copies, it spits out when written, then put in another blank --etc

Strommer
03-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Personally myself, and lot of my customers use Ashmpoo burning software:

Looks good - Thanks wainuitech. I will send you a PM.

:thanks

wainuitech
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Replied :D

Strommer
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Just came back from my friend's house. Ashampoo installed easily and she is jumping for joy
to finally have an easy to use burning program. Thanks again.

pctek
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
F
ImgBurn is too complicated for her.

What?? I put that on loads of customers PCs, none of them ever said that to me....

Alex B
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Still a fan of cdburnerxp my self.

Strommer
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
What?? I put that on loads of customers PCs, none of them ever said that to me....

Well it is true. She had to write 3/4 page of detailed notes, but at least she could get ImgBurn to work whereas my wife would not :waughh: be able to get past the first set of instructions ("click on the ImgBurn icon that is on the desktop")... well, maybe on a good day she could get past step 1, but not beyond that, really :crying

wainuitech
03-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Regarding the instructions -- that's why I put in Ashampoo, its easy or as complicated as you want to make it - all I say to people is if you get stuck, just say to your self "what do I want to Do" Eg: copy a CD -- so click on copy ...> Burn a file -- , burn files & folders.

It has a truck load of features that many people dont use, but are available if required.

If a person gets really stuck go into the Help at the top of the window and theres the complete Manual with step by step instructions with pictures.

gary67
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I use burn aware free or Eaxact Audio copy.

Exact does to .flac which is what I always use