PDA

View Full Version : Curser has the shakes

theother1
31-10-2012, 01:40 PM
A new and interesting development. The curser on my Asus N20a laptop with a logitech wireless mouse has the shakes. Curser shakes back and forth and makes it difficult to hit any button when trying to open windows etc.
Has anyone come accross this before and what is the solution?
Cheers:badpc:

DeSade
31-10-2012, 01:56 PM
I've seen this before.
It was caused by the setpoint software that was conflicting with something else on the system.
Check for a update to your copy of the software and update it if there is one. If no update then re-install the setpoint software and see if that corrects it.

theother1
31-10-2012, 02:05 PM
thanks Marquis
I will try that.
;)

8ftmetalhaed
31-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Try disabling the option under windows pointers to 'enhance pointer precision'.

Billy T
31-10-2012, 02:43 PM
A new and interesting development. The curser on my Asus N20a laptop with a logitech wireless mouse has the shakes. Curser shakes back and forth and makes it difficult to hit any button when trying to open windows etc. Cheers:badpc:

Perhaps it shakes because it is angry? That might also be why it curses.

They do that when people forget how to spell cursor. :devil

No offence intended, it just struck me as funny, and then I got this image of cursing cursors shaking with anger.

I can't help it, I have a weird sense of humour and a warped mind.

Mrs T thinks I'm losing it......................

She might be right too........

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Whenu
31-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Batteries not flat? My MS cursor goes all over the wheres when the batterries are going flat.

Agent_24
31-10-2012, 10:51 PM
It happens to me sometimes with my optical mice when they get a piece of hair or something in the sensor or are sitting on an odd surface.

I assume you have tried turning off \ unplugging the mouse to be sure it's not the touchpad etc doing it? Seen faulty touchpads do that too.

theother1
01-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Changed the battery, still did it, then I fiddled with the dongle and it still did it. went away and did soomething else for 2mins and when I came back it was calm and still. go figure.
Nice one Billy T, I didn't even notice that. I am first to be critical of other peoples misspelling.