PDA

View Full Version : Stringing together avs of assorted types?

R.M.
28-10-2012, 06:21 PM
For the photography club I do 'things' for, I would like to be able to string together a number of avs of assorted types, including a couple of .exe files. The other files are a mix of .avi and .mov.

Usually I would use ProShow Producer, and do a Project. This works a treat, but my stumbling block this year is a couple of .exe files. I feel these might be my downfall. Any suggestions would be welcome :)

KarameaDave
28-10-2012, 09:07 PM
.exe are executable files, not a video format, aren't they?

R.M.
28-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes - therein lies the problem. I just wondered if there was a way to run one after another.... But maybe not :(.

That being the case, I will have to fiddle around in the dark - all in a fluster!

BBCmicro
28-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I can't imagine what the .exe files do
but perhaps a screen recorder is what you want?

I use the freeware aTubeCatcher to record the screen and whatever the audio is at the time.

You can make it record the whole screen, a frame within the screen, or a user-defined rectangle. After you set it going you can change to whatever you like and it will continue record. It saves the result as .wmv. I use it particularly for recording GoogleEarth flyovers.

(Then you would need a video editor to join all the videos together)

R.M.
28-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Hmmm - that sounds like it may have some possibilities. I'll do some thinking tomorrow and have a look tomorrow night. Ta. :)