PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Web Camera Application - Full Screen?

MistyCat
21-10-2012, 07:25 PM
A friend just phoned me asking how to make the Toshiba Web Camera Application run in full screen. I've done a bit of Googling, and searched the F1 posts but found nothing.

Anyone know:

1. Will it run in full screen?

2. If so, how does he get there?

(Shame) I've forgotten the version. I think it was 2.0.3.25, or 35, or thereabouts.

Cheers.

wainuitech
21-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Usually its controlled by the app you're using. For example if using skype, its skype that will change the view / Size.

Other wise have a read through the FAQ's Here (http://www.ask.com/faqcentral/TOSHIBA_WEBCAM.html)

OR as one other site says -
Step 1
Click the "Start" button and point the cursor to the "All Programs" entry in the menu that appears.

Step 2
Click the "Toshiba" folder in the "All Programs" list. Double-click the "Utilities" folder, and click the "Webcam Application" option. This will launch the webcam interface.

Step 3
Click the "Camera" icon to open a window displaying the image from the webcam.

Step 4
Click the "Video Camera" icon to begin recording a video. Click the "Stop" button to end the recording. Alternately, you can click the "Camera" icon to take a still image from the camera.

MistyCat
21-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks, Wainuitech.

Usually its controlled by the app you're using. For example if using skype, its skype that will change the view / Size.

Yep, no problems with Skype-type stuff. I was actually talking to the guy with the problem using Skype. :-)

Other wise have a read through the FAQ's Here

Yep, read through all 30-odd items, none of which mention full-screen possibilities.

OR as one other site says -
<snip>

Yep, got all that under control.

What I don't know is:
When using the Toshiba Satellite (some letter I've forgotten)850 i7 Laptop built-in Toshiba Web Camera Application, how do I get to full screen? And, of course, is it possible? I'm starting to suspect that it does only the default (about 6" by 4" on a 16.5 screen) window, and that's all she wrote.

It's mind-bogglingly frustrating not to be sitting at the actual computer with the problem. (I'm sure you know the feeling.) I'm really good at R-ing TFM, and I suspect some of my frustration at not being able to get to TFM is starting to spill over. :-)

Thanks for the reply.