PDA

View Full Version : Use A Pen - Go To Hell

SurferJoe46
24-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Houston police shoot, kill pen-waving amputee in wheelchair
By Matt Pearce | Updated 2:04 p.m.

Houston police shot and killed a mentally ill double amputee in a wheelchair after he threatened an officer with a pen, authorities said.

Police arrived at a personal care home early Saturday morning after the man, Brian Claunch, started threatening his caretaker because he wouldn’t give Claunch cigarettes and soda, John Garcia, the home’s owner, told local media.

The orderly called the police. When they arrived, Claunch — who had one arm and one leg and was in his mid-40s — cornered one officer while waving around a weapon, police said. The weapon turned out to be a pen.

The other officer, Matthew Marin, then shot Claunch and killed him, police said.

"They both attempted to separate the suspect from the officer, but the suspect continued to swing this object at both officers," police spokeswoman Jodi Silva told ABC 13 in Houston. "The other officer, officer Marin, in fear of the safety of his partner and the safety of himself, discharged his duty weapon, striking...

R2x1
24-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Wasn't the officer issued with a pen? Surely he didn't have to escalate the weapons quite so far .

SurferJoe46
24-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd REALLY like to be on the jury for this one!

Bobh
24-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I have heard it said that the pen is mightier than the sword. This is taking things a bit too far though.

Nick G
24-09-2012, 06:30 PM
That's America for you....

edit. Bobh - :lol:

Roscoe
24-09-2012, 07:01 PM
That's America for you....

I agree. Only in America! Thank goodness our police do not carry handguns.

Billy T
24-09-2012, 07:01 PM
That's murder for you, plain and simple, it clearly wasn't a gun, it wasn't even a small knife, and unless the killers (it would be an insult to call them Officers) were too full of donuts and coffee to get out of their own way, it is hard to believe that a one-armed one-legged man in a wheelchair could represent any kind of credible threat.

Any officer who let a monodextrous monoped 'trap' him with a wheelchair is nothing short of a disgrace to the uniform.

But, that's the good o'l US of A for you: Shoot first and make excuses afterwards.

Billy

prefect
24-09-2012, 07:04 PM
If in doubt always shoot first and sort it out later..

R2x1
24-09-2012, 07:56 PM
The problem was quickly resolved, it cost about 65c, the perpetrator is unlikely to re offend. Seems efficient enough, except for the noise nuisance and a bit of mess on the floor.

bluenose
24-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe the "FUZZ" couldn't tell if it was a Ballpoint pen or a Fountain pen. Those of us who have been around for a few years know what a hell of a mess fountain pens can make of a shirt.

johcar
24-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I have heard it said that the pen is mightier than the sword. This is taking things a bit too far though.

That's as may be - but a gun trumps a sword (and a pen)

bk T
24-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I thought only Chinese Kungfu master is capable of using a pen as a deadly weapon?! :D