PDA

View Full Version : NZPost to boost online retail service

Bobh
24-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Looks like NZPost is looking for more ways to make money. They are intending to extend their 'You Shop' service to make it easier for us to shop overseas on line.

The move is another blow to traditional shop-owners, many of whom argue they are unfairly disadvantaged because most purchases under $400 made through overseas websites are GST and duty-free.

Retailers Association spokeswoman Louise Evans McDonald said it wanted the tax-free threshold reduced or eliminated but would not criticise NZ Post for capitalising on the overseas e-shopping trend. "If they weren't doing it, somebody else would be," she said.

Read here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/7719116/NZPost-to-boost-online-retail-service?cid=edm:stuff:dailyheadlines).

Digby
24-09-2012, 11:11 AM
If NZ importers and wholesalers and retailers did not make such huge markups, there would be less incentive to buy overseas!

(of course being such a small market does make it hard for them)

Digby
24-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd like to see much cheaper air freight from NZ to the USA.
It kills my export sales.
China has very cheap rates from China to the USA.

pctek
24-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Mad pirce:
YouShop charges $23 to forward a 500 gram package

I'll stick to places that ship with reasonable costs.

pine-o-cleen
24-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Mad pirce:
YouShop charges $23 to forward a 500 gram package

I'll stick to places that ship with reasonable costs.

But there are places that ONLY ship in the US, and lots of places that have ridiculous shipping rates, but really good prices otherwise.

I looked at getting a trigger upgrade for my air rifle sent from the states (only place you can get em) and one place quoted me $150 USD. The package would have been smaller than a cellphone and lighter too.