PDA

View Full Version : Auckland customs are so nice

tut
19-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Had to come back from Cambodia accompanied by a special Medivac Doctor.
In Cambodia I was treated like royalty. The whole checking in process was expedited and I was even carried onto the aircraft in case the stairs were too strenuous.
In Bangkok the same except I was wheel chaired onto the plane.right to my seat. My condition was such that the Doctor had to treat and monitor me during the whole flight.
Had to find a wheel chair at Auckland, arrived at Customs feeling rather poorly and then it happened. They decided I would make a good passenger for a young trainee to practice on to process me as a pedophile. Wouldnt say as much of course. I am in a wheel chair and had to unpack my pack for him to search through very thoroughly, My Doctor protested and told them I need Oxygen and was ignored (It was outside in the waiting ambulance) and continued to be ignored during the whole process.
They took the card out of my camera and took it away for examination, then the took my netbook away for examination asked me a million questions and finally bought it all back, dumped it on the table and told me I could pack my things and go.
1 hour later.
Their law says they have the right to search any passenger regardless of their circumstances. My Doctor was horrified. I was ashamed and embarrased for him and absolutely disgusted by such treatment of an obviously very sick traveller.

DeSade
19-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Take that one to the media
Shame the bastards

WalOne
19-09-2012, 12:41 PM
That's appalling. Are you in hospital here? Let's know if there's any assistance needed.

lakewoodlady
19-09-2012, 12:44 PM
That is pretty disgusting and there will someone who you can complain to somewhere! Glad to hear that you are back on home turf and just take care and do what the Drs tell you. Hope to see you on here again soon, and feeling a whole lot better. :)

Regards, LL

Agent_24
19-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Take that one to the media
Shame the bastards

x2

Nick G
19-09-2012, 12:49 PM
That is shocking. I agree, go to the media.

KarameaDave
19-09-2012, 12:59 PM
What a rotten thing to do.
I hope you get better.
Did you or the doctor take their IDs?

inphinity
19-09-2012, 01:19 PM
While I agree it's horrible given the situation, customs are one of those groups that are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They would get so blasted if someone smuggled illegal material in under the guise of medication for a sick passenger, that it unfortunately means they sometimes have to treat genuine cases as suspicious.

Gobe1
19-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeap im with inphinity but good to hear you are back in nz tut, hope you are on the mend and have pc access where ever you are staying for now.

B.M.
19-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Well hereís wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumbs:

It will be of little comfort to you but I saw the same thing happen in the Sydney Airport.

A poor bugger in a wheelchair who had obviously suffered a Stroke or similar and couldnít even talk, was treated like Sh.t by this obnoxious little prick of a Customs Officer.

How did I get to see the whole thing? I was next in line as Iíve got that many screws, plates and bits of metal in me, the alarms go off as soon as I get out of the car in the carpark. ;) The chap pushing the wheelchair and myself were not allowed to help sit the guy up or go anywhere near him. He just got chucked around in his wheelchair like a rag doll.

The only satisfaction I got from the whole episode was explaining to the little upstart Customs Prick all about his breeding, or lack of it, and the fact he isnít going to die not knowing what I thought of him.

Seriously though, youíd think these dick heads would use some common sense. In my case I cross the ditch four or five times a year and every time itís the same performance. Given what they already know about you, one would think that the fact you are full of metal would be recorded and save them the trouble of confirming it every time.

To simple I guess.

Anyway, get well soon and letís know when youíre on TV. :D

kenj
19-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I had Emirates first to Singapore and then Air New Zealand back from Sydney to Napier in March when my hip was real bad and needed a wheelchair. Couldn't have had better service from both. They simply were great. Even had an our Emirates air hostess who was going through customs at the same time check with SWMBO that all was OK and was there anything else she could hep us with. As a point of interest, both airlines did all the documentation including customs for me. All I had to do was sit back and relax as I was wheeled through all checkpoints.

Sounds like you had a bad day.

Get well soon

Ken

Paul.Cov
19-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I suppose at times they have to be sure that the sick individual in front of them isn't sick because of a burst condom full of drugs in their bowels.

They may see a lot like that who walked onto the plane, but were later wheeled off sick. One way to tell is to simply make them wait and see if their condition changes. Seems cruel, but they're there to stop the crims and the drug mules.

DeSade
19-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I suppose at times they have to be sure that the sick individual in front of them isn't sick because of a burst condom full of drugs in their bowels.

They may see a lot like that who walked onto the plane, but were later wheeled off sick. One way to tell is to simply make them wait and see if their condition changes. Seems cruel, but they're there to stop the crims and the drug mules.

How many drug mules bring their own doctor?

lakewoodlady
19-09-2012, 04:24 PM
How many drug mules bring their own doctor?

And their own ambulance?

LL