PDA

View Full Version : So Diablo 3 is coming out on friday...

icow
18-09-2012, 08:11 PM
So ̶d̶i̶a̶b̶l̶o̶ Torchlight 2 is coming out this Friday. Anyone else looking forward to this game? I've already preordered and preloaded. It's only 1.4gb and runs on my laptop which has a e-350 (netbook cpu), well at least the beta did. If you have no clue what this game is about have a look on youtube or twitch.tv, press release version is out. Think diablo 3 without the **** bits + the diablo 1 team + the a few of the diablo 2 devs (both original game and expansion) + features diablo 3 should have had.

http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight-ii-vs-diablo-iii-the-comparison-we-had-to-make

DeSade
18-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Not very impressed with the graphics.
I am a graphics whore, that is a deal breaker for me.

dugimodo
18-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I dunno, I liked torchlight but never finished it. I got bored somewhere along the way and just stopped playing.
Diablo 3 however I did finish a couple of times before the same thing happened. I loved Diablo 1, 2, and titan quest (think greek diablo) but now I think the gameplay is getting dated and they need to add something to it besides pretty graphics.
I am curious about torlight 2 but unless I ever get motivated to finish the first one I'm unlikely to buy it. Mind you I still have a large backlog of games bought cheaply during the steam sale to get through.

How bad are the graphics? I think the first one still looks fine and I don't imagine it went backwards. But then I'm not a graphics whore, as long as they are above a certain level of crappiness I'm happy.

autechre
19-09-2012, 09:48 AM
The first Torchlight was pretty fun, so yeah looking forward to this.

The always online and no real single player in D3 meant that was a no-go. T2 will be a fun replacement

Gobe1
19-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah D3 has its issues as autechre says, i have all 5 characters at level 60 now probably put 400 hours into it. still enjoying the multiplayer as single player is too hard inferno mode
Torchlight looks like fun, i have never heard of it

icow
19-09-2012, 10:58 AM
The company formed specifically for the purpose of keeping the Mythos team together to develop a new action RPG video game as a "spiritual successor" to their previous project.

Runic Games is composed largely of Blizzard North, those who worked on Diablo, Diablo II and Lord of Destruction. In 2009 Runic also picked up the sound director of Diablo II. Funnily enough Blizzard North was said to be shut down because Blizzard wasn't happy with where Diablo III was going.

As for the graphics, they're probably a love hate kind of thing like Team Fortress 2. The graphics are a step up from the original Torchlight but the art style has been maintained, probably why the game looks so similar.

I played the beta for Torchlight 2, the sad thing about this is that it completely ruined Torchlight 1. The beta was better than Torchlight 1 in every way. The game seems to be way less linear than when compared to say torchlight 1 or diablo III. It's more open kind of like an elder scrolls game.

Gobe1
19-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I dont mind the cartoon like graphics, after a while you dont notice them ie borderlands

ManUFan
20-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I think Torchlight 2 allows multiplayer - which Torchlight 1 didn't.

icow
20-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah up to 6 players.