PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP - installing region/lang packs.

Nomad
17-09-2012, 02:42 PM
A bit confusing. In the past we installed WinXP with a CD that we have. We then used the MS utility to change the product key (MSDN) so it was unique as per the agreements etc .. thru a course I did in IT. I didn't download the MSDN Windows XP ISO file so I don't have the CD just the product key. I thought any XP CD was fine so maybe not ...

It works fine etc .. but when I go to control panel and regional languages etc .. and download some other language support it ask for a CD. I pop in my original CD that's didn't work - prob it was looking for a MSDN CD and b/c I don't have that I cannot install the languages.

So is there any workaround on this situation?

wainuitech
18-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Its possible that the CD you used, not being MSDN is the problem. The MSDN CD's are actually retail Versions, not OEM.

One possible solution is mentioned HERE (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-desktop/install-right-to-left-languages-in-xp-without-the/362f55bb-7680-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5?msgId=cd032c9a-0e81-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5), Similar problem to what you wrote. look at the first part of the answer, aim the location to i386 folder (Highlighted) :2cents:

Nomad
18-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks Wainui :)

I don't think that works b/c I did manually searched for the file it was looking for but the CD didn't have it.

I decided on redoing it with the first CD and add the lang support then switch the product key.