PDA

View Full Version : Monday Laughs will not appear today

Billy T
17-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Due to the sudden passing of a lifelong and very dear friend, Monday Laughs will not appear this week.

Please be respectful and not start alternate threads.

Billy

Bobh
17-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear this Billy.

lordnoddy
17-09-2012, 10:41 AM
RIP to your friend Billy. Thoughts with you and the family of the friend.

Nick G
17-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Sad times. All the best Billy.

WalOne
17-09-2012, 11:40 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family. Best wishes.

GameJunkie
17-09-2012, 11:44 AM
sorry to hear this BillyT

gary67
17-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news Billy

KarameaDave
17-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Sad to hear of your loss.

goodiesguy
17-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Due to the sudden passing of a lifelong and very dear friend, Monday Laughs will not appear this week.

Please be respectful and not start alternate threads.

Billy

It's sad that a lifelong friend of yours has died, and I feel sorry for you in that respect.

But I completely disagree with the second statement. If someone else wishes to start a joke thread, due to yours not appearing, then they should have every right not to. It is not their fault, nor problem that someone dear to you has passed away, and that should not have to affect them. If someone makes another thread it does not make them disrespectful, or mean they're being dis-respectful. I know your usually the Joke thread guy here, but if you aren't doing them for one reason or another, it does not mean someone else can't, as there is no trademark or copyright infringement involved and any one here has the right to start a joke thread. I'm sorry if this appears like bitching but the second sentence mad me very mad and I feel anyone rightly here can post an alternate thread.

icow
17-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear it Billy. All the best.

It's sad that a lifelong friend of yours has died, and I feel sorry for you in that respect.

But I completely disagree with the second statement. If someone else wishes to start a joke thread, due to yours not appearing, then they should have every right not to. It is not their fault, nor problem that someone dear to you has passed away, and that should not have to affect them. If someone makes another thread it does not make them disrespectful, or mean they're being dis-respectful. I know your usually the Joke thread guy here, but if you aren't doing them for one reason or another, it does not mean someone else can't, as there is no trademark or copyright infringement involved and any one here has the right to start a joke thread. I'm sorry if this appears like bitching but the second sentence mad me very mad and I feel anyone rightly here can post an alternate thread.

Agreed.

Gobe1
17-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Aww man i was looking forward to the jokes today, that sucks Billy and i am real sad for your loss. Life is a fickle thing

Sort of hoping you would hire Wal again but that is your call and i respect that. It is only 7 days to wait.

WalOne
17-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Sort of hoping you would hire Wal again but that is your call and i respect that. It is only 7 days to wait.

Aww, shucks, thanks :)

But as you said it's Billy's call, and I certainly have no beef. :)

johcar
17-09-2012, 10:12 PM

You have misconstrued the request. You are not being asked to show respect to the person to whom Billy refers.

It will not hurt you (or anyone) one bit to show some respect for the wishes of someone who provides us all regular entertainment every week.

Grow up.

goodiesguy
17-09-2012, 10:20 PM
You have misconstrued the request. You are not being asked to show respect to the person to whom Billy refers.

It will not hurt you (or anyone) one bit to show some respect for the wishes of someone who provides us all regular entertainment every week.

Grow up.

Us normal and Un-PC people have already started another thread (not my thread): http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?126759-The-Alternative-Thread

icow
17-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Grow up.

k guys I don't feel great today, nobody post anything on pf1 that has anything to do with computers.

Doesn't strike me as particularly reasonable.