PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 7 and Calibre

John H
16-09-2012, 04:04 PM
If you have a Nexus 7 (or one of the other devices that use MTP), you may have been finding it difficult to connect with Calibre. The Calibre developer Kovid has just issued a new version that includes beta drivers to get around this issue.

He is calling for beta testers. I installed it last night and it is working fine with WinXP. Thus far the developer has only tested it with Win 7 and Linux, but he was sure it would work with Vista and was unsure about WinXP. He thinks you will need to have WMP11 or later installed for it to work (I do).

He got me to do a couple of tests after I told him that Calibre immediately saw the Nexus and listed all the books onboard. All of his tests worked out fine.

If your ebook software on the Nexus sets up its own private library when you import books to it, your PC Calibre will only delete the book in the Nexus Calibre library - it cannot delete the copy of the book in the ebook software's library. I use Mantano Reader and it sets up its own library, and PC Calibre does not delete the copy of the book in Mantano. Kovid says that Moon+ does not set up a private library so Calibre should be able to control all books in that case.

Anyway, the thread is here if this is relevant to you: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190982 The thread includes installation and plug in tweak instructions.