PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Impossible Instant Lab

The Error Guy
14-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I have been a bit of a fan of Impossible's work in instant film for a while. Especially the history they incorporate (They manufactuer in Polaroid's old factory and the instant lab is made in the old Rollei factory.

This new project is, although a bit gimmicky very cool despite being only available for iPhone. The price reflects their target market 299 for the thing. Concidering an iPhone costs 199 in the states I would hate to think of anyone buying an accessory more expensive than the device it's used for.

Personally I'd have preferred a system where the image was NFC/Bluetoothed to the Instant Lab and enlarged there. That way you have cross device compatibility and endless possibilities/creativity. Would have simplified the whole Open app, open shutter, close shutter, remove phone, press button system.

Still a cool device! Impossible Film can be bought on Ebay for those interested in reviving their polaroid. Not sure of a NZ supplier, I'd avoid that lomography crap. Just repacked price jacked and expired film. Yuk.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impossible/impossible-instant-lab-turn-iphone-images-into-rea?ref=NewsSep1312&utm_campaign=Sep13&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

KarameaDave
15-09-2012, 02:23 PM
A clever idea...too bad it's a closed door to me...I will not bend!:D