PDA

View Full Version : Export/Import Address Books

06-11-2001, 11:26 AM
I want to move an address book from one Pc to several anothers, all using IE 5.5 and Outlook Express.

Export from first Pc to a floppy disc OK, but when try to import to another get message:

'An error occurred during the import process. The import process could not be completed'

(Quite a useless bit of information really, if it doesn't tell me what the error is!)

Have tried the import on four different PCs with the same result, and wonder what I am doing wrong.

Any help appreciated

GG

06-11-2001, 12:42 PM
When you export your address book to a file, you are given the option of what type of file you want to create. I suggest 'Comma Separated Values (Windows). You can check the integrity of this file once the export has finished by opening it in Notepad or similar.
An error free file of this type should readily import into another copy of Outlook Express. If not, experiment with exporting to different file types and trying again.

06-11-2001, 05:52 PM
I reckon its the file properties being archive or read only attributes, make sure read only is not ticked; so if on CD copy to hard drive then change file properties to no ticks.

Tell me if this works.