PDA

View Full Version : HP Probook overheating

Gobe1
13-09-2012, 12:09 PM
HI Guys an Gals.
I had a good one a few weeks ago with a coworker here was having overheating problems with his HP probook
i told him to give it a blow out via the vents underneath the laptop, but it doesnt have any....Whaaaaat?
i have to see this, so he brought it in and sure enough, no vents underneath. It has one in the side where hot air comes out, so how does it get in?????

Google is yr friend
there is a few holes in the keyboard around the WASD buttons... :waughh:

Crazy design, remove the keyboard to clean the vents, and the filters were all blocked up with stuff that blocks up keyboards food etc.
Just thought i would share.

The Error Guy
13-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Well tbh it's probably easier to clean out than disassembling the entire laptop to get to the fan. That and it's less likely to get blocked up on a keyboard as opposed to on the side where it sucks up hair etc. That KB vent will always be free to allow air flow too which is good if you put it on a bed or carpet.

Gobe1
13-09-2012, 03:01 PM
That is one way of looking at it TEG. But when he first mentioned the problem to me i told him to buy a cooling pad (as they are awesome....) but it wont work in this situation.

the laptop was getting so hot he couldnt leave his hand on the side of the keyboard that the out vent was on. (i would hate to think of the damage that has been done)

Also once we took the keyboard off and exposed the fan (which you cant tell if it even turning unless the keyboard is taken off) there is only about 4 tiny (5mm) holes to draw air through and that air has to pass via the gap between the keys above them and the frame the keys sit in. (+ a fine filter)

Worst design ever im afraid.

Iantech
13-09-2012, 03:03 PM
What model is it Gobe1 - just so I never buy one for a client. Cheers

Gobe1
13-09-2012, 03:08 PM
What model is it Gobe1 - just so I never buy one for a client. Cheers

I cant remember the model but i dont think you can buy them any more. It looks like this v and is real shiny so probably made for homes rather than corporate styles.