PDA

View Full Version : Still Flying After All These Years (Sorry, Paul Simon)

SurferJoe46
13-09-2012, 04:43 AM
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Mr. Sir,

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde

Astronautics Project Manager

Hey Upsidedowners, youse can see him flying over ChCh every night around 10:22PM your time. Just look up and wave and let him know you care and are gonna help him any day now.

Youse guys just GOTTA help this poor Nigerian! C'mon --- open your hearts and purses and help me get the funds together to get this guy home again to his 7 wives and 38 children.

WalOne
13-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Sorry Joe, I can't be greedy.

I've decided to Wainuitech's post with an appeal from the Branch Manager of a Abu Dhabi UAE Bank. While he is offering only $12,000,000, in all fairness, I can only respond to one such offer.

:crying

dugimodo
13-09-2012, 09:46 AM
:D Nigerian Astronauts :illogical, now the scammers are just taking the piss. This one is so outrageous I almost want it to be true.
I have to admire their sense of humour, they are still thieving scumbags though.

SurferJoe46
13-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Y O U

M E A N

Y O U

S A Y

I T ' S

N O T

R E A L ??????

I'm shocked that you feel that way.

Trev
13-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Check him out on google. :lol:
https://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=Air+Force+Major+Abacha+Tunde&oq=Air+Force+Major+Abacha+Tunde&gs_l=hp.13..0i30.4685.4685.0.7412.1.1.0.0.0.0.255. 255.2-1.1.0...0.0...1c.2.pevaGqowP54

Iantech
13-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Dear Dr. Bakare Tunde,
After 14 yrs, I'm so glad he is in good humor, I'm sure if it was me I would have wanted to jump by now. On reflection, maybe that might be a cheaper way home and he would still have 15 mil when he hit (literally) earth (or water).

I am also a little amazed that "return cargo" (rubbish and other peoples $h!t) has more importance than a Nigerian by the Russians as I thought it was only me who thought that way - I'm glad I'm not alone (like he is).

Thank you for asking me to help but unfortunately I dont have any money at this time, but please email me in another 14 yrs as my circumstances may have changed by then (my parents (who are on earth) might have died and left me some money). I hope he will still be in good humor by then.

Yours Sincerely
Broke Kiwi (on earth).

lordnoddy
13-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Dear Dr. Bakare Tunde,
After 14 yrs, I'm so glad he is in good humor, I'm sure if it was me I would have wanted to jump by now. On reflection, maybe that might be a cheaper way home and he would still have 15 mil when he hit (literally) earth (or water).

I am also a little amazed that "return cargo" (rubbish and other peoples $h!t) has more importance than a Nigerian by the Russians as I thought it was only me who thought that way - I'm glad I'm not alone (like he is).

Thank you for asking me to help but unfortunately I dont have any money at this time, but please email me in another 14 yrs as my circumstances may have changed by then (my parents (who are on earth) might have died and left me some money). I hope he will still be in good humor by then.

Yours Sincerely
Broke Kiwi (on earth).

9/10 - Would read again!

Whenu
13-09-2012, 05:22 PM
7 wives, he probably has good reason to stay aloft.
Wonder how many of his kids are aged under 14?

B.M.
13-09-2012, 06:31 PM
:lol: Love it.

For those who didn’t notice, this pleading letter went out as far back as 2004 HERE (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/16/cosmic_419er/) so the poor bastard will be getting giddy by now. :waughh:

Then there is the “Re-entry Tax” he’ll owe the Maori’s, so put your hands in your pockets you miserable lot. ;)