PDA

View Full Version : Ringtone keeps changing

bluenose
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Last week I bought a new cellphone for SWMBO, Samsung S3. Today she tells me that the ringtones keep changing between the old fashioned ringing tone which she prefers to a vibrate. The tones seem to alternate between the two. Telecom guy in the shop can't explain and says it may be a Samsung bug Some might call it a "Feature" Any Ideas? TIA

Bluenose

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
See if there's an update for it, that'll fix it

inphinity
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Not to doubt the use, but she's not toggling it between sound & vibrate mode by accident? If you have motion control on, putting the phone face down enables silent mode (which will vibrate if you have that enabled).

bluenose
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the quick replies guys. SWMBO is home now and tells me that the phone is either upright in her bag or, flat on it's back on the counter. But never does she lie it on it's face. The phone is set to vibrate for ALL messages and the "Old Phone" ring tone was downloaded from Zedge by one of the staff at the local Telecom shop at the time it was all setup. I have sent messages to the phone whilst it is in front of me and the result I've heard are as she explains. Sometimes ring and buzz and sometimes just the buzz. I guess she will be back at the local Telecom in the morning.

Bluenose.

bellbird
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Darn, now I have that song "The Telephone Man' running through my head. "You can have it with a buzz, you can have it with a ring, and if you really want you can have a ding-a-ling". Sorry, that's no help at all.

bluenose
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi! Bellbird. Nothing wrong with a little bit of light hearted banter now and then. Thanks.