PDA

View Full Version : Webcam?

lostsoul62
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know of a good Webcam?

Logitech gave my computer the Blue screen of death because I have WD Hard drives and could not take out the WD programs to install Logitech’s software with the help of Logitech’s tech support.

Microsoft has the worst tech support I’ve seen in a long time. I called them up and I got transferred 9 times and the tech that was helping me didn’t know anything and just wanted to do a remote on my computer “Done that before”.

HP has noise background

Any suggestions?

Nomad
11-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I bought a cheap webcam maybe 3yrs ago. Not that happy with it (was a typical fixed focussing Logitech).
The Logitech 920 is ideal good it is a bit over $100 at Computer Lounge.

IMO it's not the higher HD MP rating but the other stuff helps.
Better cams will have a better lens like Carl Zeiss, with a lens coating.
It has autofocus and macro ability if you were to put some concert tickets at it and show people.
Better picture quality really, less of that bright areas on face or dark areas with that open window or when lights are on or with just that bed side light .....

Not too sure about the other brands.

inphinity
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
You seem to be having an awful lot of products and programs that give you BSODs .. Logitech webcams, WD hard drives, Acronis products...
In terms of webcams, though, Logitech are far and away the best, imo, followed by Microsoft.

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Did you uninstall that Acronis program?? Thats the main cause of the crashing. The webcam and the hdd are probably fine.

Trev
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I have a MS Lifecam VX 3000. Suits me.
:)

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
+1. I have the same cam. Works fine with Skype. The logitech installs, install too much crap. That I dont need

11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Logitech (webcams) install alot of uneeded, buggy, useless software on the PC
Ive seen that software cause issues .
Uninstall ALL the logitech software, except the webcam driver, and your issues may dissapear.

Logitech do make good webcams, its the bundled software thats often the issue.

lostsoul62
11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your posts. I can't put a Logitech webcam on my main computer and I really like them.
After uninstalling the Acronis program, that solved my BSOD
After taking Logitech webcam off my computer that too solved my BSOD with the help of a Logitech tech
I guess I'll just have to get a Microsoft webcam and if and when I have problems "I'll be back"

gary67
11-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I only installed the Logitech driver for my cam and it works fine with Skype don't know why you waould want to install all the other stuff, I also have a logitech wireless mouse installed