PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Problem changing between accounts

Billy T
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi Team

I just created a new Gmail address to use for non-business activities, but now I can't find a way to log out to go back to my business account. It opens automatically when I click on email and doesn't show the box with my user name and password pane. I have been using two Gmail addresses for various activities and swapping between them as required, but now I seem to be stuck with the latest one. Even if I close Google and reopen it, the new Gmail is all I can get.

I know that my Firefox is a little old now, and I will be updating it when I get some spare time, but it has been working OK between the two existing Gmail addresses so I can't see why adding a third should cause a problem.

What am I missing here?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

Nick G
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
you need to sign out. top right of the gmail screen there will be a small cog for settings. Directly to the left of that is what you click on so sign out.

Billy T
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
you need to sign out. top right of the gmail screen there will be a small cog for settings. Directly to the left of that is what you click on so sign out.

It wasn't there, so I gave it the 'official' 3-fingered salute and after the reboot I opened Gmail and the cog was up so I was finally able to sign out. I never cease to wonder at the number of problems that can be fixed by a reboot. Maybe they should try that on the Black Caps or the Warriors?

Mind you, I always thought the BC's were running close to the wind of bad omens with that name (supposedly worn by those about to be executed, or something like that). They could have called them the Black Bats, but then they'd be no better off, bats having notoriously poor vision. Black Shirts also has bad vibes but Black Pants might work, especially when facing fast bowlers, however the wicket keeper would still get a whiff of the fear.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Nick G
05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, a reboot solves a surprising lot. Reboot the economy maybe?

Chilling_Silence
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Make sure that all 3 accounts are enabled for multiple sign-in:
http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1721977

gary67
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Make sure that all 3 accounts are enabled for multiple sign-in:
http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1721977

I had that but it caused a few problems with my Google groups I manage