PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Science - i like it

Mirddes
05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Namaste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54RxU_MekPU

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54RxU_MekPU)ill just leave it here and hope everyone is tolerant and open-minded

HAVE A GREAT DAY

inspired me to start reading The Celestine Prophecy

Inlakesh

WalOne
05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Interesting stuff, and probably more than a fair share of objectivity in it. I don't think the graphics or cartoon character voice will get many converts, though.

Thanks for the post.

Mirddes
07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Science=PseudoScience; depends which science camp you belong to, of which there are many.

where does a rainbow begin?
where does a rainbow end?
what is real?
what is illusion?
what are dreams?
i like DMT; occurs naturally within all of us, ive read some mind blowing experiences from people who have ingested DMT.

the psychedelic experience is as central to understanding your humanness as having sex or having a child or having responsibilities or having hopes and dreams and yet it is illegal. we are somehow told we are infantilised, we are told you can wander around within the sanctioned playpen of ordinary consciousness and we have some intoxicants over here if you want to mess yourself up. we've got some scotch here and some tobacco and and some sugar and some red meat and a little tv. but these boundary dissolving hallucinogens that give you a sense of unity with your fellow man and nature are somehow forbidden. this is an outrage, its a sign of cultural immaturity and the fact that we tolerate it is a sign that we are living in a society that is as oppressed as any society in the past.

If we value the pursuit of knowledge,
We must be free to follow
wherever that search may lead us.
The free mind is not a barking dog,
to be tethered on a ten-foot chain.

An "Apocalypse" is a disclosure of something
hidden from the majority of mankind,
In a Era dominated by
falsehood and misconception.

The solution is to stop paying people for doing nothing, and stop listening to people for no reason. The real problem is figuring out how to get people to think for themselves and to stop accepting what they are told without critically analyzing it

Consider the two concepts of the waking and dreaming world; we naturally
accept that we are more perceptive in the waking world as opposed to the
dreaming one, however, our sensory apparatus is limited to certain frequencies
(light, sound). It's also true that we know of frequencies outside of these
senses, such as radio waves and gamma rays, so we must accept that
we do not experience everything that is, and we are a very small part of all that is.
Maybe we see more when we're dreaming :p

Could it be possible we are affected by things beyond our immediate perception?
If there is infinite beyond our spectrum, why does this place matter? How
can we describe what is tangibly 'real' at this point.
This path of thought hits a roadblock, but we can answer what is real more
effectively by looking at ourselves, we 'realise ourselves' through connections
to connections to connections, how can we say that we are real?

kenj
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Heavy, man

Ken

Jayess64
07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Afraid this stuff does nothing for me.

My mind has many doors. Some are wide open, others just ajar, and some are firmly shut. Growing up means making judgements and being able to distinguish between what is real and what is meaningless babble.

Mirddes
08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
some doors flap open and closed as though there is a strong wind.

Jayess64
08-09-2012, 09:01 PM
some doors flap open and closed as though there is a strong wind.

My point, exactly.

Mirddes
09-09-2012, 06:41 AM
We're playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dictate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It's an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue, because what we're talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility. In fact, not a religious sensibility, the religious sensibility. Not built on some con game spun out by eunichs, but based on the symbiotic relationship that was in place for our species for fifty thousand years before the advent of history, writing, priestcraft and propaganda. So it's a clarion call to recover a birthright.

There is a spiritual obligation, there is a task to be done. It is not, however, something as simple as following a set of somebody else's rules. The noetic enterprise is a primary obligation toward being. Our salvation is linked to it. Not everyone has to read alchemical texts or study superconducting biomolecules to make the transition. Most people make it naively by thinking clearly about the present at hand, but we intellectuals are trapped in a world of too much information. Innocence is gone for us. We cannot expect to cross the rainbow bridge through a good act of contrition; that will not be sufficient.

We have to understand. Whitehead said, "Understanding is the apperception of pattern as such"; to fear death is to misunderstand life. Cognitive activity is the defining act of humanness. Language, thought, analysis, art, dance, poetry, mythmaking: these are the things that point the way toward the realm of the eschaton. We humans may be released into a realm of pure self-engineering. The imagination is everything. This was Blake's perception. This is where we came from. This is where we are going. And it is only to be approached through cognitive activity.

afe66
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our
critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what
right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
superstition and darkness."

Carl Sagan.

Metla
09-09-2012, 04:59 PM
The questions raised,concepts and lines of thought have merit, though their isn't anything new in the video, Anyone who reads science fiction has seen these topics approached from many different angles, The Face of the Waters springs to mind, as do a dozen other books I can't put names to. And reading about it from a fictional viewpoint can cause a person to ponder all the connections and consciousness that surround us in reality.

Well, that's how it works for me anyhow,I have been lead to greater thinking by greater more intelligent minds.

This video, not so much, While the questions they introduce are big, Their so called revelations are not, They scream of quackery and bullshit, unsubstantiated waffle, especially the last couple of minutes, and the part where they explain how spirit science works is insulting, a truly stupid attempt at giving the term legitimacy.

I don't consider it presents any intelligent viewpoints on its own, it merely dresses what is already out there in dribble and then tries to qualify it with bullshit.

The line they draw between the big bang and reincarnation is disappointing.

Mirddes
10-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Well, that's how it works for me anyhow,I have been lead to greater thinking by greater more intelligent minds.

me too!

Mirddes
13-09-2012, 06:25 AM
http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA010/English/AP1947/GA010_index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthroposophy

e (http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA010/English/AP1947/GA010_index.html)xperience is evidence

whatever works for each of us

Mirddes
13-09-2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9HtZFb_VtM