PDA

View Full Version : Seen this one?

CliveM
04-09-2012, 08:23 PM
http://business.scoop.co.nz/2012/09/04/wind-to-be-subject-of-next-treaty-claim/

Paul.Cov
04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
That really is taking it a step too far.

Now we aren't holding the wind, or capturing it or diverting it. And frankly, reducing the overal winds is probably a benefit.

Much as ownership of the airways was a stretch, this is just total bollox.

At this rate it'll be worth it to cross the ditch to Aus and let them have it all back, along with the international debts as well.

The Error Guy
04-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I watched a thing maori TV where they explained what was going on with the claims (a lot made sense such as Geothermal powerstations on iwi land that were making money but the maori were unable to get anything out of it despite being on their land. Which made sense. There were a whole lot of very legitimate statements made that I agreed with, followed by a whole pile of bollocks that returned me to the state of no supporting their petty claims)

But wind? Are you out of you goddamn mind? NOBODY owns wind! I cannot express in words the stupidity of this sort of thing. The sad thing is also it is a small group of Maori politicians/Law informed persons that are giving the whole lot a bad name and responsible for making people think the maori are a bunch of resource stealing layabouts. Not all of them (or many of them) are.

Who is going to benefit from these monetary gains? The people leading the politics of course. The rest of the culture will be in poverty, child poverty will rise, unemployment will remain and no one will get anything out of this except for the "corporate maori"

Not sure if what I feel is based on legitimate grounds but that's how I see it.

bk T
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
What next?

Pack up and go.

Bobh
04-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I guess that the maori used the wind originally to propel their canoes to New Zealand when they migrated here. The pakeha most certainly used the wind to power their sailing ships. Now days we are using the wind to generate electricity.

There are bad sides to the wind as well. High winds cause bad weather and destruction. Who in their right mind wants to own the wind unless there is a profit motive in it.

CliveM
04-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Settle down people. That press release was from David Rankin. I suspect he is just winding things up as his usual expressed views are closer to the center right than most maori leaders. Often telling the radical PC Maori that they are talking rubbish.

WalOne
04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Much as ownership of the airwaves was a stretch, this is just total bollox.

Corrected :)

Gobe1
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
unfortunatley if there is money in it the marry will be there to claim it, and anything else what can we think of?? sunshine?? oxygen, grass, dirt, rocks, trees, flowers, gravel...

EDIT: this is no joke, the wheels have begun turning on this one