PDA

View Full Version : Hobbit now 3 movies...old news i know

Gobe1
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Come on Peter what the hell are you doing??
LOTR was brilliant, but to make a small book into the same feature length, i am not paying 45 bucks to see 3 films.

I am starting to think Guillermo del Toro was the man for this job.

I guess time will tell.

Chilling_Silence
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it's fantastic.

You do realize they crammed several hundred pages into a couple of hours. What about the fact the 3rd LOTR book doesn't finish with Frodo dropping the ring into Mt Doom, but there's still like half the book left after that! So much story is missed ...

Gobe1
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
To me its all about the money im afraid. i was looking forward to the movie but not at cost of $45 + popcorn and corona and how many years to wait??

thats what pissed me off about LOTR2, i knew i had another 6 months to wait for the final story

lordnoddy
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
They did the same with the last Harry Potter book-to-movie remember... I think personally splitting such great stories into more than 1 movie is a great idea. Longer the movie(s) - a more similar story line they can get in.

+1 Chill - I think they should have put those three into a series of 6 movies! I would have paid ~$90.00 to see them at the movies that's for sure!!!

Agent_24
04-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I think three is better, they would have lost a lot of detail if they just made it into one.

Chilling_Silence
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
To me its all about the money im afraid. i was looking forward to the movie but not at cost of $45 + popcorn and corona and how many years to wait??

thats what pissed me off about LOTR2, i knew i had another 6 months to wait for the final story

Wait until it's all on DVD then and buy the beer at home. Much cheaper ;)

pine-o-cleen
04-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Peter Jackson proved with the LOTR films that he knows what he's doing, so if he says it needs to be 3 films, then I say brilliant!

Agent_24
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Wait until it's all on DVD then and buy the beer at home. Much cheaper ;)

Also, much smaller, unless you own your own theatre.

Billy T
07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Also, much smaller, unless you own your own theatre.

No need for that, just move the couch closer until you can just watch the full width image without turning your head Try not to spill icecream or beer on the screen, and wipe the nose marks off between DVDs. Might have to arrange separate viewings though, if you plan to invite a friend.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :devil

pctek
07-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Better to read the book.

Gobe1
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Better to read the book.

It will be the first time in history you can read the book faster than watch the movie :lol: