PDA

View Full Version : Government bent over once again

icow
03-09-2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/7603112/Mighty-River-sale-on-hold

Shares plus could give Maori particular rights in the company above other shareholders.

As if they didn't get enough "equal" rights?

Nick G
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Another example of blatant racism, their idea of equal rights is controlling the country. As if having Maori controlling energy companies will convince people to invest. It'll be a two way pricing plan - Maori get it almost free, we have to pay $$$.

Cicero
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
And now they want free batts.

B.M.
03-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Personally, I think Key is more suited to lead the “Hero Parade” than the Country. :groan:

B.M.
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Well that didn't take long did it. :lol:

HERE (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/7610749/Ngati-Kahungunu-launch-water-claim)

Hilarious, but at least it will save the Asset Sales because I doubt anyone would buy shares that were encumbered like these are now.

It would be like buying a house without clear Title. You’d have to be mad.

Anyway, another victory for a group of Europeans with a drop of Maori blood. :groan:

paulw
04-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm beginning to wonder who runs this country. The elected government or the Maori councils..

Digby
04-09-2012, 09:58 PM
yes unfortunately they have bungled the whole asset sales thing.

Its funny some people see them as gibing into the Maoris etc
Others see its great that the asset sales have been put on hold by the Maoris

But yes National have come across as looking muddled and weak.

WalOne
04-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm beginning to wonder who runs this country. The elected government or the Maori councils..

Once the question was, the elected government or the unions.

The answer is still, freeloaders.

Bobh
04-09-2012, 10:14 PM
New Zealand First is suggesting all New Zealanders pretend to be Maori to get special privileges under the law.

The party wants the Government to define who is and isn't Maori before offering deals to iwi over water rights, after delaying the asset sales programme.
Winston Peters says anybody could be Maori under the law.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Peters-Lets-all-say-were-Maori/tabid/1607/articleID/267976/Default.aspx#ixzz25UNWr7MD

Maori and Pakeha need to work together as a country so why don't we all become Maori so that there is no more racism in this country.

icow
04-09-2012, 10:42 PM
New Zealand First is suggesting all New Zealanders pretend to be Maori to get special privileges under the law.

Don't a lot of people do that anyway? :p

Lurking
04-09-2012, 10:54 PM
We have the Cook strait cable, why not buy our power from Australia's Nuclear power stations' via cable. OK, I know it would be depleted by the 1200 mile trip.

Might be cheaper for the government to pay us whities to move to Aussie.

Lurking.

Iantech
04-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Maori and Pakeha need to work together as a country so why don't we all become Maori so that there is no more racism in this country.How about the other way round as there are more Europeans in NZ. The Maori become pakeha (they can call themselves that) then there would be no more racism in this country ..... that shouldnt take much as all Maori have more European in them anyway.

B.M.
05-09-2012, 08:14 AM
How about the other way round as there are more Europeans in NZ. The Maori become pakeha (they can call themselves that) then there would be no more racism in this country ..... that shouldnt take much as all Maori have more European in them anyway.

Dead right.

Pita Sharples mother, Ena, was on "Coronation Street" and you don’t get more English than that. ;)

Cicero
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Dead right.

Pita Sharples mother, Ena, was on "Coronation Street" and you don’t get more English than that. ;)
Not Ena Sharples?