PDA

View Full Version : Catholic Church objects to 'same sex marriage'

mzee
29-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Maybe the Catholic fathers are scared that they may have to marry all the boys that they molest?

kenj
29-08-2012, 11:12 AM
That is rich, coming from them. :blush:

I don't want same sex marriage to pass into law. I wouldn't like to have to specify whether my marriage was a conventional one or an SSM one. I wonder if there will be a backlash when people have to fill out forms....census etc. I refuse to fill out my ethnic origins and religion as it is now.

Perhaps they could think up an alternative name for SSM's
Ken

pcuser42
29-08-2012, 11:46 AM
The church shouldn't have a say in a political matter such as same sex marriage. The laws should reflect society as a whole, not just some of it.

Hopefully the bill passes into law as it rightfully should.

R2x1
29-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I am pretty much indifferent to ssm, but I object to catholics (an antonym of majestic proportions) attempting to dictate their concepts as dogma to others.

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I am pretty much indifferent to ssm, but I object to catholics (an antonym of majestic proportions) attempting to dictate their concepts as dogma to others.

However that argument is a double-edged sword, and now we have the gays / lesbians also attempting to dictate their concept of marriage which has *traditionally* been one man and one woman to the rest of the world, when there are clearly people who want to be able to differentiate between a traditional marriage and a same-sex marriage, as kenj mentioned.

Again, as kenj mentioned, it has been suggested an alternative name be created for those who want to identify with a heterosexual marriage, _similar_ to what France has.

Paul.Cov
29-08-2012, 12:24 PM
But the whole origin of 'marriage' comes from the church, where they have dictated that each man shall have one and only one woman, and will stay with that woman until death.

Society without these guiding principles would follow its hedonistic tendencies of shagging anyone and everyone whenever they could.

Most religeous guidelines have their origin in guiding society to what is best for a long and healthy life. Monogamy and chastity is certainly the best strategy in a world with STD's (like all of our history until now).

Now that many STDs are treatable or non fatal there is less to justify the chastity and monogamy, and society has largely been drifting from following those principals anyway.

HIV however remains a bit of a fly in the ointment.
Given gays are at greater risk of HIV the added expectation of faithfullness that would come with a gay marriage would tend to have a limiting influence on HIV spread, which is a good thing for all of society. So yes, let them wed if they wish.

When the church fails to adapt to change it only makes itself appear stupid and bound in history and tradition rather than in the reality of modern life.

dugimodo
29-08-2012, 12:31 PM
It's an odd issue to me, I don't much care if people want to officially declare their partnership whatever their sexual orientation.
But marriage to me is more a religious ceremony than anything, if you don't practice or agree with the religion why would you want to perform their ceremony in the first place? You can declare your partnership to the world without a churches approval or a legal document.

Of course there is also the legal side of Marriage - making you parter your legal next of Kin and co-owner of your possessions etc but I don't see how that has anything to do with the Church and that part I understand same sex couples wanting.

If the catholics object so what, just don't have your gay wedding in a catholic church.

Iantech
29-08-2012, 01:03 PM
The church shouldn't have a say in a political matter such as same sex marriage. The laws should reflect society as a whole, not just some of it.

Hopefully the bill passes into law as it rightfully should.Marriage is performed by a church (generally) so why shouldnt they have a say? Maybe its politics that should butt out.

I believe the idea of marriage is a celebration of the committment 2 people choose to share between one another. That committment can be for a number of reasons, traditionally it has been to reproduce - which takes a Male and a Female. However it can also be a committment of companionship between 2 people - which is all a same-sex marriage is. I think it does need a different name as has been suggested.

Committments of companionship between a man and woman are those who do not choose to reproduce, be parents and have children for whatever reason (professional, age, disability, etc). And personally I think that should apply to same-sex couples as well. Meaning, same sex couples should not try and be man-and-woman and raise children - that for me is unnatural and wrong, it is the choice they have made and is where the line should be drawn.

My opinion only.

Roscoe
29-08-2012, 01:15 PM
That is rich, coming from them. :blush:

I don't want same sex marriage to pass into law. I wouldn't like to have to specify whether my marriage was a conventional one or an SSM one. I wonder if there will be a backlash when people have to fill out forms....census etc. I refuse to fill out my ethnic origins and religion as it is now.

Ken

I agree with you, Ken. I do not agree with same sex marriage. It is a travesty.

Marriage is and always has been, between a man and a woman. To say otherwise is to go against the santicty of marriage and all that the majority of humanity believe in.

Making same sex marriage legal is saying that homosexuals and lesbians are normal, which is far from the truth. Making same sex marriage legal is bringing homosexuals and lesbians up to the same level as heterosexuals and is saying that they are not deviants which is far from the truth.

It is unfortunate that this type of thing has reached the voting stage in parliament. Do they really believe that this way of thinking is representative of the majority of voters? I don't think so. It is a minority running roughshod over the majority.

It's a sad day for this country saying yes to same sex marriage, just because some overseas countries have done so. Surely there are much more important issues to debate and vote for in parliament?

bk T
29-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Same sex marriage is against nature.

Clearly, our bunch of useless politicians have nothing better (and also don't know how and what ) to do.

Metla
29-08-2012, 01:27 PM
But the whole origin of 'marriage' comes from the church

The institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

The church just hijacked it, and I personally believe the church has no say nor claim on it or anything else, People that go into special buildings to worship fantasy creatures cannot be trusted.

That aside, Poofs can come up with their own form of suffering, marriage is ours.

Metla
29-08-2012, 01:30 PM
But marriage to me is more a religious ceremony than anything, if you don't practice or agree with the religion why would you want to perform their ceremony in the first place? You can declare your partnership to the world without a churches approval or a legal document.

I declared my love and commitment to my wife in front of our friends and family, It was an extremely powerful event and laid the foundation for my life from that point on.

God didn't get an invite or a mention, Nor did the signing of the document mean anything.

Bear in mind that people have been getting married since the dawn of time and the church has been around for 2000 years. (2000 years to long but hey, crazy people need an outlet)

QW.
29-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Maybe the Catholic fathers are scared that they may have to marry all the boys that they molest?

So the Catholic church is against gay marriage yet there are Catholic priests that have abused boys and the church do nothing about it.

As for gay marriage it self, I hope that it gets passed into law. Doesn't matter if there gay, straight or lesbian everybody has the right to marriage. All of the religious nutters that complain about have nothing else better to do than moan.

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Marriage is and always has been, between a man and a woman.

And trains used to be only powered by steam, TVs used to be only black and white... things change.

It's not like two men or women getting married is going to cause all people who have 'traditional' marriages to drop dead overnight or anything.

johcar
29-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Meh! "Same sex marriage" - you will get that married to either gender - the same sex, for as long as you're married.. ;)

Gobe1
29-08-2012, 02:25 PM
this is going to happen whether us supreme intellectuals like it or not. i agree with Agent, things change and it is political pandering for votes.

"You - -LIAR! You know what I am going to do about this?
Motorpool Guy: what?
Fletcher: Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe! "

lordnoddy
29-08-2012, 02:31 PM
this is going to happen whether us supreme intellectuals like it or not. i agree with Agent, things change and it is political pandering for votes.

"You - -LIAR! You know what I am going to do about this?
Motorpool Guy: what?
Fletcher: Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe! "

"You've been here before haven't ya." :banana

pcuser42
29-08-2012, 02:32 PM
If gay marriage is unnatural (which doesn't really make sense as marriage itself is man-made), then why are animals engaging in homosexual activity as well? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 02:47 PM
If gay marriage is unnatural (which doesn't really make sense as marriage itself is man-made), then why are animals engaging in homosexual activity as well? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Animals also kill each other and feed off their own young in some instances, but that doesn't mean we should, nor make it legal.

pctek
29-08-2012, 02:47 PM
However that argument is a double-edged sword, and now we have the gays / lesbians attempting to dictate their concept of marriage which has *traditionally* been one man and one woman to the rest of the world, when there are clearly people who want to be able to differentiate between a traditional marriage and a same-sex marriage

it has been suggested an alternative name be created for those who want to identify with a heterosexual marriage.

Oh please. it's all a religious argument.

What is a marriage? A ceremony where 2 people declare they intent to live with each other forever.
Not that it always works out like that.

Marriage customs have differed throughout the world and throughout time.

So, we're now discussing specifically where 2 people go to a church (and that's changed too) and stand in front of a religious person (and that's changed too), wearing certain types of clothing (and that's changed too) and say some stuff and exchange rings (or not) and sign papers.

So what if those 2 people are of the same gender? If you're into the whole pointless (in legal terms) exercise anyway....It's becoming an extinct quaint ritual....why even bother?

pctek
29-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Animals also kill each other but that doesn't mean we should, nor make it legal.
We do. We have. It's called the army .

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 02:50 PM
What is a marriage? A ceremony where 2 people declare they intent to live with each other forever.
Not that it always works out like that.

It's becoming an extinct quaint ritual....why even bother?

True, however you've just summed up a Civil Union, which they already have.

And yeah, you're right, marriages have a > 50% divorce rate in New Zealand, and I believe that statistic is even marginally higher in the church.

Finally, nobody but the individual priest who fiddles with little catholic boys actually says that what those priests are doing is OK. They should be shot if you ask me.

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 02:51 PM
We do. We have. It's called the army .

And eating the your own children / cannibalism?

pcuser42
29-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Animals also kill each other and feed off their own young in some instances, but that doesn't mean we should, nor make it legal.

Different kettle of fish. Humans aren't cannibals, but we do kill other animals for food.

QW.
29-08-2012, 03:59 PM
And trains used to be only powered by steam, TVs used to be only black and white... things change.

It's not like two men or women getting married is going to cause all people who have 'traditional' marriages to drop dead overnight or anything.

True, but there is always somebody trying to tell everybody that they are right.

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Different kettle of fish. Humans aren't cannibals, but we do kill other animals for food.

No you're comparing us to animals, so am I. Same thing.
You're saying some animals engage in homosexual behaviour, and that it's natural and should be allowed.
I'm saying that some animals engage in cannibalistic behaviour, and that it's natural and following your reasoning should be allowed.

True, but there is always somebody trying to tell everybody that they are right.

Yup. Pretty much every single argument I've seen can be used to promote it can also be used against it. Similarly most of those against it have quite specific arguments relating to a religion that most of the country doesn't identify with.

It's a great big circle, really...

lordnoddy
29-08-2012, 04:33 PM

+1

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Humans aren't cannibals

Some are...

Zippity
29-08-2012, 04:44 PM
The more the pinkos and trendy lefties push the subject, the more they believe it is correct.

Shoot the whole bloody lot of them is my opinion.

pcuser42
29-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Some are...

A very small minority.

No you're comparing us to animals, so am I. Same thing.
You're saying some animals engage in homosexual behaviour, and that it's natural and should be allowed.
I'm saying that some animals engage in cannibalistic behaviour, and that it's natural and following your reasoning should be allowed.

Not all animals are cannibals but all of them have some sort of reproduction system, which is the main point of comparison here. All comes down to DNA ;)

plod
29-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Animals also kill each other and feed off their own young in some instances, but that doesn't mean we should, nor make it legal.So do some people

Gobe1
29-08-2012, 04:55 PM
All comes down to DNA ;)

What has the National Dyslexia Association got to do with this?

pctek
29-08-2012, 05:00 PM
True, however you've just summed up a Civil Union, which they already have.

And yeah, you're right, marriages have a > 50% divorce rate in New Zealand, and I believe that statistic is even marginally higher in the church.

Finally, nobody but the individual priest who fiddles with little catholic boys actually says that what those priests are doing is OK. They should be shot if you ask me.

So ban marriage, everyone can do civil unions.

They.
There's too much us and them in the world now...it's what leads to wars...and maybe eating of children.

QW.
29-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Yup. Pretty much every single argument I've seen can be used to promote it can also be used against it. Similarly most of those against it have quite specific arguments relating to a religion that most of the country doesn't identify with.

It just goes around in circles and nothing is done about it.

plod
29-08-2012, 06:17 PM
The reason gays want marriage is so their can have the same rights, which are not covered under civil unions. One being adoption. And I'm pretty sure gay couple couldn't do worse job then some heterosexual couples.

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Not all animals are cannibals but all of them have some sort of reproduction system, which is the main point of comparison here. All comes down to DNA ;)
True but they all have mouths that can be used for eating. We all have holes in our body we can put things in, not just another persons body parts, but it doesn't make it a good idea.
This is precisely the circular argument I'm talking about. Your exact reasoning can also be used as a reason against it.

So ban marriage, everyone can do civil unions.

They.
There's too much us and them in the world now...it's what leads to wars...and maybe eating of children.
Yeah that's not a bad point, and that's something I've thought of too. Why not just make Civil Unions the legal ground for everything in the country to stand upon, so marriages no longer legally mean anything. Marriage can then be used or abused by religious types as a 'religious only' addition to their relationship. It's food for thought to say the least.

The reason gays want marriage is so their can have the same rights, which are not covered under civil unions. One being adoption. And I'm pretty sure gay couple couldn't do worse job then some heterosexual couples.
Yeah pretty much, that's the real #1 reason most same-sex couples want marriage. Begs the question: Why not fix the adoption law though and address the issue directly rather than going around the back way to solve a problem? (Though you could say that gays like going through the back way ;) )
It's another issue altogether really, which is simply being dragged into this one. It's a good and valid point though: If a solo father is capable of adopting a child and providing them with a safe and loving and caring home, then surely two men on twice the income can do just as well?
I dunno, but again that's more food for thought :)

plod
29-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes chill, the governed should have done this when civil unions were first introduced. Instead it's a half arse attempt. 90% sure the gay marriage wouldn't be an issue if it was done back then.

QW.
29-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes chill, the governed should have done this when civil unions were first introduced. Instead it's a half arse attempt. 90% sure the gay marriage wouldn't be an issue if it was done back then.

Should have done it at the time, not stuffing around with the issue now.

Terry Porritt
29-08-2012, 07:53 PM
The reason I object is because yet another word in the English language is about to be corrupted and have its meaning changed by the homosexual community.

Take the word 'gay', no one now remembers when it was used every day and had no connotations with poofterism at all :)

Back in 1929 Bing Crosby could sing about 'Gay Love' (https://www.box.com/s/38d8d1d5f26222e460da) (click to play) and everyone knew what he meant...nowadays......who knows ? :banana

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 08:03 PM
The reason I object is because yet another word in the English language is about to be corrupted and have its meaning changed by the homosexual community.

About to? The meaning was "changed" long before now...

Although it's not really a change, just an addition. Many words already exist with multiple definitions.

mikebartnz
29-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Tell me one good reason why.

mikebartnz
29-08-2012, 08:11 PM
They all ready have. Civil Union.

plod
29-08-2012, 08:17 PM
They all ready have. Civil Union.Unfortunitli civil unions don't give the same rights as marriage.
a hetro or homo civil union.

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Tell me one good reason why.

Give a good reason why not... and not things like "because the church says so" or "because marriage will be ruined" that is just rubbish.

mikebartnz
29-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Take the word 'gay', no one now remembers when it was used every day and had no connotations with poofterism at all :)

Back in 1929 Bing Crosby could sing about 'Gay Love' (https://www.box.com/s/38d8d1d5f26222e460da) (click to play) and everyone knew what he meant...nowadays......who knows ? :banana
Quite right they have ruined the use of the word gay for me and I will never look at a rainbow in quite the same way and now they want to ruin the whole concept of marriage.

globe
29-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Go the gays. Their behaviour doesn't affect me, they should be allowed to be married if they want, it is nobodies business except theirs. They should be proud of who and what they are, as we all should. Sometimes you just aint got choices in some things.Remember little old black ladies who sat in the whites only sections of buses, ladies who threw themselves in front of race horses ? That's the great thing about humans, we evolve, and on many levels.

Churches are full of hypocrites anyway, especially the catholic church. Look at all their loot, and their previous head came from one of the poorest countries in Europe - could've fed alot of hungry mouths with some of those gold chairs and goblets.

Terry Porritt
29-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Quite right they have ruined the use of the word gay for me and I will never look at a rainbow in quite the same way and now they want to ruin the whole concept of marriage.

Too right, and before Bing Crosby's 'Gay Love' we had 'A Bachelor Gay' sung here by Peter Dawson...www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoGE2ntZrg

Metla
29-08-2012, 09:22 PM
yaaaay for bumsex.

Metla
29-08-2012, 09:25 PM

When languages stop evolving its because they are dieing.

If the spelling fetish people had their way and managed to lock the language into the form as defined by their schooling (rose tinted glasses being the crux of the matter) it would have killed it.

globe
29-08-2012, 09:29 PM
yaaaay for bumsex. funny that people percieve gayness as a male thing and assume it means this.

globe
29-08-2012, 09:29 PM
When languages stop evolving its because they are dieing.

If the spelling fetish people had their way and managed to lock the language into the form as defined by their schooling (rose tinted glasses being the crux of the matter) it would have killed it.

^^^ what he said

Metla
29-08-2012, 09:43 PM
funny that people percieve gayness as a male thing and assume it means this.

Who said anything about males?

Any pairing can ram it, ram it in the poo chute.

Though when its male to male there is one less alternative.

Not aimed at anyone, just a great piece of music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80h_JiOTZs

Chilling_Silence
29-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Give a good reason why not... and not things like "because the church says so" or "because marriage will be ruined" that is just rubbish.

According to New Zealand law though, we have something known as the "burden of proof" which means the accusing party (In this case those in favour of same-sex marriage) have to prove their case, while the defending party is "innocent until proven guilty".

With that in mind, according to New Zealand law, leaving something the way it is, just because that's the way it is, is a perfectly acceptable explanation. Leaves the onus on those wanting the change to prove there will be a benefit.

That said, I agree with you in that aspect, and in fact Obama said something quite profound: 4168

Metla
29-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Abortions should be mandatory, and dished out by Winz instead of cash.

afe66
29-08-2012, 10:44 PM
It seems a number of people object to same sex marriage because they object to homosexuality and are using the marriage issue to protest about the other.

Why else the coded references to gays not being suitable to adopt? (Most girls are abused by heterosexual men known to them - many of them probably married themselves (to women))

Why should I deny them that "wonderful" privilage and responsibility of getting married.

What harm does it cause to the rest of us if they want to marry.

Why do people fear that a few gay people getting married will "damage"marriage.

We are doing that ourselves. - 10,000/yr divorces in nz. Havent seen any of the family first commentors demanding divorce reform.

There was a time when you couldnt married a black person, a time when you could own slaves, a time when you could beat/rape your married (heterosexual) wife with impunity. A time when you could be arrested for being homosexual.

Societies change. (as my grandmother is always complaining)

A.

Metla
29-08-2012, 10:53 PM
It seems a number of people object to same sex marriage because they object to homosexuality and are using the marriage issue to protest about the other.

It seems a number of people just believe anything that doesn't suit them is some form of discrimination, Though I personally don't care in the slightest what any two (or more) adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms I can't see that this gives them political clout or a platform for social change.

Cant use the word married?, tough ****, You're not special, You not a hero, you're just some other guys *****.

goodiesguy
29-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Let's hope it doesn't pass. They've already taken "Gay" and Rainbows. I don't want them to take Marriage.

They say it doesn't affect us, but it does, it changes the meaning of Marriage and Marriage affects many.

globe
29-08-2012, 11:54 PM
According to New Zealand law though, we have something known as the "burden of proof" which means the accusing party (In this case those in favour of same-sex marriage) have to prove their case, while the defending party is "innocent until proven guilty".

With that in mind, according to New Zealand law, leaving something the way it is, just because that's the way it is, is a perfectly acceptable explanation. Leaves the onus on those wanting the change to prove there will be a benefit.

That said, I agree with you in that aspect, and in fact Obama said something quite profound: 4168

Why does there have to be a benefit demonstrated and to who? Quite clearly if it makes those getting wed happy then there is a benefit.

Accusing party!! Jeez

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 11:57 PM

I think in this case it's probably less about proving there will be a benefit and more about proving there will be no harm... reminds me of this: 4170

Well said

globe
29-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Let's hope it doesn't pass.

Too late, get used to it, look at the polls and see which minority you're part of. Accept people are different and realise it ain't doing you any harm. I find gerkins disgusting but I just choose to walk past them in the supermarket

Chilling_Silence
30-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Why does there have to be a benefit demonstrated and to who? Quite clearly if it makes those getting wed happy then there is a benefit.

Accusing party!! Jeez

Try again.

Quite the opposite, in fact many churches from a variety of denominations have come out in support of gay / lesbians having their solemn relationships acknowledged throughout this, although they refute the proposed changes to the definition of the word "marriage". ( http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/7571036/ )

Too late, get used to it, look at the polls and see which minority you're part of. Accept people are different and realise it ain't doing you any harm. I find gerkins disgusting but I just choose to walk past them in the supermarket

Potentially, however in the US where it's gone to polls beforehand show overwhelming support, but when it comes to referendum day, the final vote was quite the opposite.

The same can be said for likewise, how is it harming you having the word "marriage" as an exclusive "One man, one woman" definition? After all, marriage is by definition discriminatory, and will still remain so after this proposed change (Such as a man not being able to wed his adult daughter).

globe
30-08-2012, 12:04 AM
it changes the meaning of Marriage.

How?

PS landslide

This is good. http://m.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10830283

QW.
30-08-2012, 01:44 AM

Its mainly religious leaders and homophobic people that have the problem.

Paul.Cov
30-08-2012, 08:41 AM
The institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

The church just hijacked it, and I personally believe the church has no say nor claim on it or anything else, People that go into special buildings to worship fantasy creatures cannot be trusted.

That aside, Poofs can come up with their own form of suffering, marriage is ours.

That link was worth reading.

It seems marriage exists to stop us fighting over the choice babes and to leave them to the lucky bugger who is first to snap them up.
Ultimately it might be a strategy to stop young horny and jealous men from killing each other.

But where is the benefit for the women?

gary67
30-08-2012, 09:29 AM
So long as they have to suffer from the same smarmy divorce lawyers as the rest of us married people if they decide to part then what's the problem?

prefect
30-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Its totally disgusting and I hope the MPs who voted for it get their asses prodded in hell.

Metla
30-08-2012, 10:02 AM
That link was worth reading.

It seems marriage exists to stop us fighting over the choice babes and to leave them to the lucky bugger who is first to snap them up.
Ultimately it might be a strategy to stop young horny and jealous men from killing each other.

But where is the benefit for the women?

Lack of getting raped by every male villager.

pcuser42
30-08-2012, 11:02 AM
80 votes for, to 40 against. I know which side I'm on :D

lordnoddy
30-08-2012, 11:12 AM
and in fact Obama said something quite profound: 4168

That is an aweome Quote right there. Especially considering I read it with Obama's voice through a loud speaker in my mind...

Zippity
30-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't let last night's vote convince you that the "majority" are in favour of the legislation.

It is only a procedure to get it to the committee stage where the MP's can openly slam the proposed legislation. The public submissions will then let the MP's know their chances of re-election if they vote in favour.

Watch the voting gap narrow as the proposed legislation goes through its next stages :)

WalOne
30-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Its mainly religious leaders and homophobic people that have the problem.

Agreed. Apart from a vociferous minority who like some people on this forum are intent on making their own narrow viewpoints made, I'm not sure gays themselves are too fussed either way (civil union or marriage).

I know 3 gay couples. One couple had a civil union, the other two in their own words see no reason to do so. As they said, they've lived together for over 20 years and are secure enough in their relationship not to need any blessing by the state or church. Or, to need to make an in-your-face statement to any detractors.

One male couple have a strapping + 6' 16 year old (straight) son adopted as a baby. Well adjusted, captains his rugby team, and his friends have no issues with dropping into his home and socialising with his parents, who themselves are not objects of approbrium within their community. Through one of these couples, I've met a (previous) All Black player who also on occasion "plays for the other team", and who said most of his AB team were aware of his walks on the wild side, but were indifferent to it.

I'm dismayed at the extent of bigotry, and intolerance voiced by some in this forum. Most of these couples could never be described as limp wristed faggots and would never be seen in any gay pride march or Mardi Gras. Not because they are "closeted", rather that they don't identify with either the cause or extravert behaviour.

Rant over.

goodiesguy
30-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Don't let last night's vote convince you that the "majority" are in favour of the legislation.

It is only a procedure to get it to the committee stage where the MP's can openly slam the proposed legislation. The public submissions will then let the MP's know their chances of re-election if they vote in favour.

Watch the voting gap narrow as the proposed legislation goes through its next stages :)

With watching the news, it seems many of the MP's are on our side and are against it, it gives me a small amount of faith in parliament and MP's.

One thing I'm sick of, is, they don't want to be judged and called names etc.. But if any of us are against their way of life, we get yelled at and called Bigots, Homophobes etc..

Another thing, they are always on about "being who you want to be", now if I said say, for example, I wanted to be a sex offender (just and example), they'd get up in arms and have a mental and say I should be locked up, which their lies them being hypocritical, as they did say "Be who you want to be".

In the end, we can't convince these people that being homosexual is wrong, and they sure as hell can't convince us that it's right and normal.

Roscoe
30-08-2012, 12:36 PM
In the end, we can't convince these people that being homosexual is wrong, and they sure as hell can't convince us that it's right and normal.

I heartily agree. Homosexuality is not right and is not normal, but because a large proportion of people think it wrong and abnormal, they are attempting to make it seem right and normal by giving these abnormal people the rights that normal heterosexual people enjoy. It's wrong and should be condemned as such.

Ulsterman
30-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I have to agree with Goodiesguy and Roscoe. Homosexuality and lesbianism are not normal and no amount of legislation will make it so. They are both unnatural and abnormal behaviours and it is time for normal heterosexual people to side with the Catholic Church and applaud their stand.

Agent_24
30-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Another thing, they are always on about "being who you want to be", now if I said say, for example, I wanted to be a sex offender (just and example), they'd get up in arms and have a mental and say I should be locked up, which their lies them being hypocritical, as they did say "Be who you want to be".

But sex offenders cause psychological damage and such to the victims they rape\molest and ruin their lives, while two gay people in love getting married doesn't hurt anyone (except maybe themselves, if they end up getting divorced or whatever)

And maybe people like you, who get their knickers in a twist over it for no good reason

pcuser42
30-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I have to agree with Goodiesguy and Roscoe. Homosexuality and lesbianism are not normal and no amount of legislation will make it so. They are both unnatural and abnormal behaviours and it is time for normal heterosexual people to side with the Catholic Church and applaud their stand.

Homosexuality may be unnatural (itself debatable), but so are clothes.

QW.
30-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm dismayed at the extent of bigotry, and intolerance voiced by some in this forum. Most of these couples could never be described as limp wristed faggots and would never be seen in any gay pride march or Mardi Gras. Not because they are "closeted", rather that they don't identify with either the cause or extravert behaviour.

Most gay people I know appear to be decent hard working individuals who lead a normal life except one thing - they're gay.

prefect
30-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Most gay people I know appear to be decent hard working individuals who lead a normal life except one thing - they're gay.
Its still our right to hate these type of people. Our rights should be protected as well.

goodiesguy
30-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Its still our right to hate these type of people. Our rights should be protected as well.

I don't hate them except for those really "Gay" ones who show it off and put on the funny voices. It's more the act and them trying to say it's normal and ok that I hate.

kenj
30-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Could be said that those who are trying to normalise homosexuality could be "trying to push shite up hill" :devil

Ken

lordnoddy
30-08-2012, 02:21 PM

You are a Bigot for even suggesting that being gay/lesbian is like someone being a sex offender... Have some respect...

globe
30-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Its still our right to hate these type of people.

why do you hate them ? what harm are they doing to you ? most pay taxes, most have good jobs and i suspect you (as well all do) often come into contact with gays and lesbians on a day to day basis without even realising. and to you, you are doing ok so they obviously can't be negatively affecting your life too much.

Roscoe
30-08-2012, 02:31 PM

I don't hate these type of people, I just think that they are queer.

goodiesguy
30-08-2012, 02:43 PM
You are a Bigot for even suggesting that being gay/lesbian is like someone being a sex offender... Have some respect...

Typical :groan::groan:

lordnoddy
30-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Typical :groan::groan:

How so?

You're saying that for you to go out and physically, sexually and mentally damage an innocent victim is the same as mealy being in a homosexual relationship? BIG difference buddy - one's illegal, disgusting and repulsive the other is a legal, loving and consensual relationship between two people of the same sex.

Gobe1
30-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I think goodies used the wrong example but it was just an example...

Ken I LOLZ

QW.
30-08-2012, 03:13 PM
why do you hate them ? what harm are they doing to you ? most pay taxes, most have good jobs and i suspect you (as well all do) often come into contact with gays and lesbians on a day to day basis without even realising. and to you, you are doing ok so they obviously can't be negatively affecting your life too much.

Yes why do you hate the gays so much? Every time this topic comes you say you hate gays but haven't come up with a valid reason for doing so.

Zippity
30-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Those orifices that were intended to have something placed (inserted) in them are either lubrictaed or capabale of producing their own lubricant - the anus isn't and doesn't :(

prefect
30-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Male homosexuality makes me sick even thinking about it.

lordnoddy
30-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Male homosexuality makes me sick even thinking about it.

Simple - Then dont. No one asked you to. No one is forcing it apon you. Ignore new articles and forum threads about the topic. Not hard.

Iantech
30-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Those orifices that were intended to have something placed (inserted) in them are either lubrictaed or capabale of producing their own lubricant - the anus isn't and doesn't :(Well, not quite true, the anus does produce its own lubricant during sexual arousal but thats besides the point. The point being that the anus is an exit, not an entry!!

However, I though sodomy was still illegal, so why arent these people locked up for it anyway?

goodiesguy
30-08-2012, 05:25 PM
No one is forcing it apon you.

YES THEY ARE! Changing the definition of a Straight word "Marriage" is forcing something upon us.

Zippity
30-08-2012, 05:44 PM
No one is forcing it apon you.

And what do you call a lead item on the prime evening TV news???

WalOne
30-08-2012, 10:04 PM
"The orifices of the body are there for a purpose.
The question is, whose?"

:devil

globe
30-08-2012, 10:57 PM
YES THEY ARE! Changing the definition of a Straight word "Marriage" is forcing something upon us.

Really?

"Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people called spouses that creates kinship"

Maybe once in the 13th century is was exclusive to man and woman but not for a LONG tme has that been the case.

sam m
30-08-2012, 11:43 PM
There is an argument that gay people are born that way so therefore it is natural. I really really struggle with this. Some say that no one in their right mind would want to choose to be gay due to the stigma that has been associated with this, I again have an issue with this. I believe that we are ALL a product of our social environment and the only natural thing we do is MRS GREN. You will notice there is no H in MRS GREN.

kenj
31-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Aha, had to google that one sam m
Ken

WalOne
31-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Aha, had to google that one sam m
Ken

+1

sam m
31-08-2012, 09:24 AM
3rd form science came to fore - had no idea that was still in there. Primary school ROY G BIV is another gem that sticks in my mind as well.

kenj
31-08-2012, 09:54 AM
3rd form science came to fore - had no idea that was still in there. Primary school ROY G BIV is another gem that sticks in my mind as well.

I remember that one, even though it is 55 years since I left school... colours of the rainbow

Ken

lordnoddy
31-08-2012, 12:13 PM

It affects you how? Explain to me how this changes YOUR entire life?

EDIT: oh and are you saying that us straight people can no longer use words such as FABULOUS! because it may be considered a "gay word"? Marriage is not a "straight word" it is an English word (taken from the greek word... what ever it is Chilling_Silence can fill the blanks haha).

And what do you call a lead item on the prime evening TV news???

A news item... If you're not into sports do you sit through the sports section of the news? It's a TV News reporters job to report on "hot topics" and major news around the country... no one is saying you HAVE to listen / watch / pay attention.

Agent_24
31-08-2012, 12:15 PM
It affects you how? Explain to me how this changes YOUR entire life?

It doesn't. It certainly doesn't change mine, which is why I don't care

lordnoddy
31-08-2012, 12:18 PM
It doesn't. It certainly doesn't change mine, which is why I don't care

+1 - someone with a little bit of common sense - I've missed you...

QW.
31-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Gays are not forcing it upon us. Its just that you choose believe that they are.

sam m
31-08-2012, 12:43 PM
It does affect married people. It changes the status of the institute to which they belong. The sanctity of their marriage has now changed, some will say degraded. It would be like saying that you are no longer nz citizens as we have changed to an Australasian citizenship. Some would welcome the move, some wont but it is a bit pompous of you to assume that this marriage amendment act wont affect people as it obviously has when you consider the discussions being had.

mikebartnz
31-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Gays are not forcing it upon us.
Please tell me who is forcing the issue then:rolleyes:

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Whoever drew the bill out of the ballot? :stare:

Zippity
31-08-2012, 01:49 PM
As much as the world hated Hiltler, he was on the right track with a couple of his thoughts..........

mikebartnz
31-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Whoever drew the bill out of the ballot? :stare:
Rather naive view of how parliament works.

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Rather naive view of how parliament works.

So who's forcing the issue? No one made you debate about it...

mikebartnz
31-08-2012, 02:13 PM
So who's forcing the issue? No one made you debate about it...
:clap:groan:

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Ya see, I just cant agree with this, and I think their is also a lot of apathy from the younger generation regarding this. 15 yrs to brainwash a generation with PC BS and apathy to social morals and the foundation of the family unit.
You only have to look at how much young person respect of older people today to understand certain family values have not passed down the generations...Too many absent fathers, either by walking out or divorce etc where the child doesnt get parenting from both parents. Its not just loving parents children need, they need role models to learn from, and Adam and Steve are not able to provide that, sorry.
Look at the youngsters we have today with all the violence, out on the streets committing crime etc.....single parent families, even if they have wonderfully solo parents are always going to miss out and some issues will not be apparent until later in life...

Edit - I might add also, that this call for a law change to marriage is outrageously at the expense of the majority....Changing the fundemental meaning of the word marriage to the rights of a few....Unbelievably selfish, but thats the gay rights for you! For some reason, their wishes are more important the the majority!

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 02:43 PM
they need role models to learn from, and Adam and Steve are not able to provide that, sorry.

Why not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLnn96n3Lpg

Edit - I might add also, that this call for a law change to marriage is outrageously at the expense of the majority....Changing the fundemental meaning of the word marriage to the rights of a few....Unbelievably selfish, but thats the gay rights for you! For some reason, their wishes are more important the the majority!

How does it affect hetrosexual couples in any way? If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry the same gender. Simple as that. Don't deny others the right to marry who they love.

lordnoddy
31-08-2012, 02:49 PM
How does it affect hetrosexual couples in any way? If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry the same gender. Simple as that. Don't deny others the right to marry who they love.

:clap

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Why not?
Marriage is by very definition, discriminatory. You can't have two partners, you can't marry somebody under the age of 16, you can't marry your grandkids...

The amusing part is that by pushing their "non-discriminatory" perspective, they're then discriminating against married couples who want to exercise the same "right" to have a word which describes a gender-exclusive committed relationship. It's a double-edged sword.

mikebartnz
31-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Ya see, I just cant agree with this, and I think their is also a lot of apathy from the younger generation regarding this. 15 yrs to brainwash a generation with PC BS and apathy to social morals and the foundation of the family unit.
You only have to look at how much young person respect of older people today to understand certain family values have not passed down the generations...Too many absent fathers, either by walking out or divorce etc where the child doesnt get parenting from both parents. Its not just loving parents children need, they need role models to learn from, and Adam and Steve are not able to provide that, sorry.
Look at the youngsters we have today with all the violence, out on the streets committing crime etc.....single parent families, even if they have wonderfully solo parents are always going to miss out and some issues will not be apparent until later in life...

Well put.

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 02:55 PM
you can't marry somebody under the age of 16

People under the age of 16 IMO aren't ready to marry anyway...

you can't marry your grandkids...

You can't marry family in general, and this makes sense really (although as far as I know sexual acts between two consenting people is fine).

The amusing part is that by pushing their "non-discriminatory" perspective, they're then discriminating against married couples who want to exercise the same "right" to have a word which describes a gender-exclusive committed relationship. It's a double-edged sword.

How are they discriminating? Doesn't make much sense to me...

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Why not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLnn96n3Lpg

PCuser, im not sure how old you are, but Im guessing your are under 25...Their are many many things in life that you dont realise or understand, or they will mean something different to you when you are older. I hope this is why you cant seem to understand the Adam & Steve cant teach Jr how to interact with the opposite sex through good times and bad..
Yes, I have seen the video, seems to think one outcome is the measure of all, but once again, this kid is under 25, his life is only just beginning on his own to feet, there is no guarantee there or otherwise as to how he will interact with partners later in life....

Marriage, how will gay marriage effect me?, it wont effect me, but marriage is the foundation of our society..Even nowadays 2 guys cant go anywhere together without sideways questioning glances...Children need to know where and how they come from, quite a bit to explain to kids without putting gay issues in there as well.

This gay marriage law is but a pathway, they already have as many rights as a married couple with their civil unions, but marriage will automatically by law put them in the picture for adoption. We already have enough parent-less couples out there without introducing gay couples to the table.

I really dont care what adults do in their own home as long as they keep it there, but when children are concerned, and we dont have that much data about these children in the future to risk it for the sake of some gay couples idea of their rights over and above that of childrens rights.

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 03:01 PM
People under the age of 16 IMO aren't ready to marry anyway...

You can't marry family in general, and this makes sense really (although as far as I know sexual acts between two consenting people is fine).

How are they discriminating? Doesn't make much sense to me...

...but that's *just* your opinion, either way you're still discriminating against them because those examples of people can't marry, right?!

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 03:02 PM
I may only be 19 but what you seem to be doing there is discarding my input simply because of my age? :illogical

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 03:03 PM
...but that's *just* your opinion, either way you're still discriminating against them because those examples of people can't marry, right?! And over time those issues too can be fixed.

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 03:16 PM
And over time those issues too can be fixed.

If you're going to abolish the gender issue because of discrimination, at least be consistent.

I'm with SolMiester, far too little respect from young people, and it really is changing a pretty fundamental part of the "family unit". However, that said, the 'traditional' marriage isn't really a shining beacon of hope with over 50% of marriages failing, and that statistic is higher in the church I believe (More divorces).

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I may only be 19 but what you seem to be doing there is discarding my input simply because of my age? :illogical

Because as I said, there are so many things in life that you probably haven't even thought of yet, let alone understand at such a young age...Plus, the younger generation have already been influenced by political correctness. I get this everyday from my 18 yr daughter.

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Because as I said, there are so many things in life that you probably haven't even thought of yet, let alone understand at such a young age...Plus, the younger generation have already been influenced by political correctness. I get this everyday from my 18 yr daughter.

Aaaaah to be wet behind the ears again.

rob_on_guitar
31-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I dont really care which way this goes, but I think a better solution is needed.
Marriage if i remember correctly, literally means man and woman. Wouldn't the ideal solution just be start something with the literal meaning of same sex marriage, give the same what ever marriage does, and be done with it.

Agent_24
31-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Human thinking evolves and improves and progresses forward with new generations, if young people followed exactly what the older generation did, we'd still be living in caves.

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 03:28 PM
If you're going to abolish the gender issue because of discrimination, at least be consistent.

I'm with SolMiester, far too little respect from young people, and it really is changing a pretty fundamental part of the "family unit". However, that said, the 'traditional' marriage isn't really a shining beacon of hope with over 50% of marriages failing, and that statistic is higher in the church I believe (More divorces).

Yes, and why?....the disintegration of the family unit...Too many children bought up by single parent families, where the partner leaves rather than working through the issues...just too easy to walk after from, they haven't seen their parents example..How much trouble do we have today with youth?!...

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Human thinking evolves and improves and progresses forward with new generations, if young people followed exactly what the older generation did, we'd still be living in caves.

Human knowledge evolves and improves, dont know what you think this has to do with the family unit as the foundation of our society and community....

Zippity
31-08-2012, 03:32 PM
SolMiester for Prime Minister! :) :)

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 03:37 PM
SolMiester for Prime Minister! :) :)

You got to be kidding, i hate public speaking, have way to many vices, and Id be probably be a tyrant with many of the unpopular issues...

rob_on_guitar
31-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I think Sol has a genuine smile, definitely cant be a politician....

Nick G
31-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, I'll put forward my :2cents:
Marrige has long been defined as being between a man and a woman, who love each other, with the intention of having children. I don't think that gays should be allowed to marry, rather keep marriage as being between a man and a woman, and have a term exclusive for gays, which is like marriage but for homosexual couples.

Note. If you are going to disagree with me, don't play the age card. Makes it sound like you can't think of a valid counter-arguement, so just gripe that we are too young to have a opinion worth listening to. Might just be that you're too old to have an opinion worth listening too :devil

.................................................. .....................................^Is a joke :p

goodiesguy
31-08-2012, 04:21 PM

I am litterally shocked when I see how people my age act these days, it sickens me.

goodiesguy
31-08-2012, 04:23 PM

If it makes you feel any better, i'm 16 and am EXTREMELY again's Political Correctness and want it gone and dead. I am always politically incorrect with what I say and how I act etc... I don't believe on all that PC bullshit.

goodiesguy
31-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Well these day's human thinking is going backwards and is regressing.

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Have a read of this...

The greatest changes to the parts of the brain that are responsible for impulse-control, judgement, decision-making, planning, organization and involved in other functions like emotion, occur in adolescence. This area of the brain (prefrontal cortex) does not reach full maturity until around age 25!

http://teenagebrain.blogspot.co.nz/

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Yes, and why?....the disintegration of the family unit...Too many children bought up by single parent families, where the partner leaves rather than working through the issues...just too easy to walk after from, they haven't seen their parents example..How much trouble do we have today with youth?!...

Absolutely. It reminds me of this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7a_ZoUvlOCE/T3NuqdUh8yI/AAAAAAAADdw/S2Xx-JwWF9E/s640/20.jpg

As it stands, currently Civil Union separation rate is equal to that of marriages.

If it makes you feel any better, i'm 16 and am EXTREMELY again's Political Correctness and want it gone and dead. I am always politically incorrect with what I say and how I act etc... I don't believe on all that PC bullshit.

We noticed ;)

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Have a read of this...

http://teenagebrain.blogspot.co.nz/

So you're discarding the input of someone who's looking to be an adult simply because he's not quite 20 and therefore his brain shouldn't yet be fully functional? :illogical

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 05:15 PM
So you're discarding the input of someone who's looking to be an adult simply because he's not quite 20 and therefore his brain shouldn't yet be fully functional? :illogical

I would suggest from personal experience that even at the age of 25, I still find myself learning a lot.

Sanco
31-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Society without these guiding principles would follow its hedonistic tendencies of shagging anyone and everyone whenever they could.

A bit like coronation street then.:rolleyes:

I am catholic and I strongly disagree with the catholic church on this matter as well as the matter of banning the abortion. In fact I disagree with most things they say.

Make no mistake though that other religious codes have their say on these matters too, but this society being somewhat the non catholic side of christianity we hear all the faults of one code.

Religion is the political side of faith.

Just saying... ;)

Gobe1
31-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I am catholic and I strongly disagree with the catholic church on this matter as well as the matter of banning the abortion. In fact I disagree with most things they say.

:yay: haha that is going to end in in someones signature for sure....

Cicero
31-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I would suggest from personal experience that even at the age of 25, I still find myself learning a lot.

Well I never, I thought you knew it all.:<)

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 06:16 PM

So am I, yet I'm still not sure on why it's a valid reason to ignore an opinion.

QW.
31-08-2012, 06:32 PM

The religious leaders and all of these people who think it is wrong.

QW.
31-08-2012, 06:45 PM

How can they be forcing gay marriage on you? Its not like they are coming round to your house and telling you that you should change your views on gay marriage. The Jehovahs Witness's are bad enough but suggesting that gays are forcing it on you is stupid.

Metla
31-08-2012, 07:22 PM
There is no such thing as gay marrige, Hey they can pretend all they want, Two guys don't make a marriage.

Its desperate and a little pathetic, There is no need to spoil our rituals with your perversions.

Not that perversions are bad, hell, have your fun, start your own rituals, Go and be gay in private and shut the hell up about it.

Metla
31-08-2012, 07:24 PM

hahahaha

every decade I look back and think, What a ****in nublett I am.

Sure, I don't know ****, Neither do most people, we are mostly just opinionated ********s, even the clever ones.

QW.
31-08-2012, 07:37 PM
There is no such thing as gay marrige, Hey they can pretend all they want, Two guys don't make a marriage.

Its desperate and a little pathetic, There is no need to spoil our rituals with your perversions.

Not that perversions are bad, hell, have your fun, start your own rituals, Go and be gay in private and shut the hell up about it.

I agree.

plod
31-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Make being gay illegal again, revoke the right for women to vote, bring back 6 block closing, reintroduce slavery

prefect
31-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Best comment I have seen about homo marriages

Cicero
31-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I think lesbians should be able to marry.

plod
31-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I think lesbians should be able to marry.+1

Metla
31-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I think lesbians should be forced to look and behave in real life as they are portrayed in the media, and when I say media I mean porn.

I'm sick to death of fugly lesbians.

You're ruining it for me, and I'm not happy.

SolMiester
31-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Did you even listen to the video or read the data?....

johcar
31-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Make being gay illegal again, revoke the right for women to vote, bring back 6 block closing, reintroduce slavery

Ahhh! The good old days!!! :D

Cicero
31-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I think lesbians should be forced to look and behave in real life as they are portrayed in the media, and when I say media I mean porn.

I'm sick to death of fugly lesbians.

You're ruining it for me, and I'm not happy.

You be looking in the wrong place.

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Did you even listen to the video or read the data?....

Not sure how it's relevant to a debate about gay marriage...

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Not sure how it's relevant to a debate about gay marriage...

SolMiester, take that as a "no" :p

pcuser42
31-08-2012, 09:46 PM
SolMiester, take that as a "no" :p

Yeah pretty much, Maggie Barry isn't in this debate :p

SolMiester
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Whoosh !

lordnoddy
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Well I never, I thought you knew it all.:<)

Bahaha I thought the same =\ Chill you let me down! :(

I love how homophobic people hate gay men but LOVE lesbian porn.... Double standards are great...

Metla
01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I love how homophobic people hate gay men but LOVE lesbian porn.... Double standards are great...

I love how people who are simply unimpressed with or assign no special status to man-to-man relationships get labelled as homophobes. That sort of ignorant branding does your cause no favours at all.

rob_on_guitar
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Ahhh! The good old days!!! :D

Hahahahaha I laughed a lot!

plod
01-09-2012, 12:42 PM

I love how homophobic people hate gay men but LOVE lesbian porn.... Double standards are great...Why watch something I could perform myself if I was that wy inclined. Lesbian porn is something I will never experience so it's like watching documentaries

Chilling_Silence
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Why watch something I could perform myself if I was that wy inclined. Lesbian porn is something I will never experience so it's like watching documentaries

:lol: :D

mikebartnz
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM

+1:thumbs:

goodiesguy
01-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Well you won't see double standards from me. Lesbians are just as bad as homosexuals.

Cicero
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
A lesbian is a homosexual.

Of or relating to or characterized by homosexual relations between woman

Simply for those that do not seem to be aware.

plod
01-09-2012, 02:37 PM
A lesbian is a homosexual.

Of or relating to or characterized by homosexual relations between woman

Simply for those that do not seem to be aware.The fact you have to point that out to goodiesguy,

kenj
01-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Geeez Cicero, here was me thinking they were from Lebanon... you know, "lebanese"

Ken

Cicero
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
The fact you have to point that out to goodiesguy,

Quite so Plod, he needs quite a bit of pointing out if he is anti les.

Cicero
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Geeez Cicero, here was me thinking they were from Lebanon... you know, "lebanese"

Ken

Well at least you were close, there are some lovely leb les's.

globe
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Well you won't see double standards from me. Lesbians are just as bad as homosexuals.

Hmmm, Earlier you said you don't like the mincers - have a look at your avatar, Benny Hill, biggest mincer out there

goodiesguy
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Hmmm, Earlier you said you don't like the mincers - have a look at your avatar, Benny Hill, biggest mincer out there

If you're trying to say Mr. Hill was a homosexual which I believe you are (am unfamiliar with the term 'Mincers'), then you're wrong. Read the book "Funny, Peculiar" by Mark Lewisohn. It details his whole like acuratly and non biasly, and shows that he was never a homosexual, and proposed to 3 separate woman 3 separate times. The Author is also the worlds leading authority on The Beatles.

On the other hand, another brit comedian who died 1 day prior to Mr. Hill was Frankie Howerd, who was a Homosexual.

globe
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
If you're trying to say Mr. Hill was a homosexual which I believe you are (am unfamiliar with the term 'Mincers'), then you're wrong. Read the book "Funny,i Peculiar" by Mark Lewisohn. It details his whole like acuratly and non biasly, and shows that he was never a homosexual, and proposed to 3 separate woman 3 separate times. The Author is also the worlds leading authority on The Beatles.

On the other hand, another brit comedian who died 1 day prior to Mr. Hill was Frankie Howerd, who was a Homosexual.

Not saying he was gay but he behaved like a mincer. You said you don't like mincers.

And what has Frankie Howard got to do with anything?

goodiesguy
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Not saying he was gay but he behaved like a mincer. You said you don't like mincers.

And what has Frankie Howard got to do with anything?

Both did similar comedy, and I thought you might of mixed them up.

Chilling_Silence
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
goodiesguy, I think you need to relax a little bro, take a few deep breaths before posting OK.

plod
01-09-2012, 07:01 PM
goodiesguy, I think you need to relax a little bro, take a few deep breaths before posting OK.Careful with your words, he might think you are coming on to him

afe66
02-09-2012, 12:59 AM
In the paper today ... only 20% of marriages (and that would be heterosexul ones) in nz last year had a Priest or held in a Church.

Churches should look at the new law as a new market opportunity.

A.

Chilling_Silence
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah I know most of my mates / family had theirs *outside* but went back to our church afterwards for the Reception