PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Photo's: copy to Picassa

Ron24
27-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Granddaughter in London posts pictures on facebook. Any easy way of copying them into Picasa using XP.

linw
27-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Rt click the photo and select 'Save Picture as'. Then you have to navigate to where you want it saved to i.e. which folder. It will probably be My Pictures under your username. The image size will likely be pretty small.

NB Get out of the habit of thinking pics are stored 'in Picasa'. Therein lies trouble. Pics, and everything else, are stored in files/folders on your hard drive. Picasa simply looks in the folders it is pointed to in its Folder Manager (Tools/Folder Manager).

autechre
28-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Facebook can store some fairly big images ~2000x2000 pixels from memory.

By each picture there will be a "Download" link you can click on to grab the pic. If the file ends in "_n.jpg" then it's a standard sized photo (960pixels or less). If it's _o.jpg, then it'll be a large photo.

Ron24
29-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Rt click the photo and select 'Save Picture as'. Then you have to navigate to where you want it saved to i.e. which folder. It will probably be My Pictures under your username. The image size will likely be pretty small.

NB Get out of the habit of thinking pics are stored 'in Picasa'. Therein lies trouble. Pics, and everything else, are stored in files/folders on your hard drive. Picasa simply looks in the folders it is pointed to in its Folder Manager (Tools/Folder Manager).

Many thanks for the two replies, I learn a bit more about these computers every day.
A great help to an old guy.
Regards Ron..

linw
29-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Autechre, found your Download option after clicking on the photo! Thanks for that. I'm not very well versed in Facebook intricacies.

So, Ron, we both learnt something. My suggestion applies to all web page pictures but use the Facebook method for what you want.

Cheers.

Agent_24
29-08-2012, 02:14 PM

x1000

Many programs now abstract the files from their physical locations on a disk. That's why I don't like to use such programs. I prefer to know exactly where my files are and what I'm doing with them.