PDA

View Full Version : PDF will not open

Cicero
13-08-2012, 04:18 PM
When a PDF arrives on friend email, it will not open and gets the message File does not have a program associated with performing this act etc.

No idea what to do here, your help would be much apprecited

Speedy Gonzales
13-08-2012, 04:21 PM
You need a program that can open it. Save it then open it with something like SumatraPDF

FAB
Save PDF somewhere (eg Desktop). Go to Desktop, right-click on PDF, Open With-Choose Program select Adobe Acrobat Reader, or Foxit Reader, or whatever PDF reader you already have installed. Click on Always use this program to open this type of file.
From there on even on email should open in correct program.

gary67
Right click and choose open with then select the PDF program on their computer and make sure to check the box to always use this program, hopefully it's not something better than Adobe reader

Cicero
13-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Save PDF somewhere (eg Desktop). Go to Desktop, right-click on PDF, Open With-Choose Program select Adobe Acrobat Reader, or Foxit Reader, or whatever PDF reader you already have installed. Click on Always use this program to open this type of file.
From there on even on email should open in correct program.
Doing as you say, when I right click on file in desktop, it has the option of opening with adobe reader, if I right or lef click on it, it open withouth the optiom do this every time?

Cicero
13-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Right click and choose open with then select the PDF program on their computer and make sure to check the box to always use this program, hopefully it's not something better than Adobe reader

That suggests Adobe is best, is that what you meant?

Nick G
13-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I doubt it. I'd suggest sumatra pdf, its by far my favourite out of the ones I've tried (adobe, sumatra, foxit).

Cicero
13-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I doubt it. I'd suggest sumatra pdf, its by far my favourite out of the ones I've tried (adobe, sumatra, foxit).

Is it ok to run in conjunction, is it best to delete adobe?
?

GameJunkie
13-08-2012, 05:05 PM
get rid of adobe and install sumatra pdf, brilliant

foxit has become too bloated, much like adobe

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

Lawrence
13-08-2012, 05:08 PM
No need to un-install Adobe,the new PDF program will ask "Do you want this program as the default program"

gary67
13-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Typo there Adobe is far from the best I personally use Nitro now tried the others and like this one best

Cicero
13-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Typo there Adobe is far from the best I personally use Nitro now tried the others and like this one best

Thanks lads, I tried Sumatra and It didn't over- ride Adobe, so tried Foxit and it works a treat.