PDA

View Full Version : What is this ???? (Security Issue )

Nhashon
08-08-2012, 06:19 PM
When browsing Internet on my Ipod Touch mostly i use safari but i sometimes uses chrome .I have noticed when browsing in Chrome their is a security issue that comes up .Now I don't know if chrome is a bit strict on opening websites , i guess they maybe . The problem starts when i go to a site called PC MAG - www.pcmag.com/. When i click on the links to the articles , i automically get redirected to another site which looks to be "s=static.ak.facebook.com". Now not only that it gives me a message saying -This certificate for this website is invalid .You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be this ,this is could put your confidental information at risk .Would you like to proceed anyway. Google Chrome believes it as suspious . And this similar issue i have not noticed happening in safari browser ,NOT YET .

I have take action in solving this , it is reset networking on ipod , making sure all software is updated , see security settings .

Now i think i may need help tring to fix it , if possible .

Any suggestions ????

wainuitech
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Just tried it in chrome on the site linked and its fine here.

All articles open as they should no redirecting. This is on a PC, not an ianything.

"maybe" the Ipod has a bug in it.

Nhashon
08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
hey wainuitech me to went it one hour ago , and yes that was on pc like you . But im saying my ipod touch is doing this not pc . And yes i had a similar thinking a bug could be it , now im not sure what to do , just leave it or reinstall it and see what it does . and thanks for suggestion.