PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Superantispyware

Billy T
07-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Hi Team

There have been several references to this program in recent times and I've been considering adding it to my computer. I assume that it is like MWB or Spybot i.e. you keep it up to date and run it regularly as part of housekeeping checks, leaving realtime protection to the AV program (in my case MSSE).

Is there any point in paying the annual fee for the full program, or is the free version adequate in conjunction with the other programs I have?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

wainuitech
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
The paid version has the following: Active Real-Time Blocking , Scheduled scans, and Scheduled updates.

The Free version is like the others mentioned, Manually, meaning if you get something come through, the free version wont stop it or detect it till you manually do a scan, the Paid one will stop it before it gets through.

Heres a hint on how to get it cheaper.:D ( always says 1 day special - Yeah 1 day is every day)

Install the pro Version for a few days or a week or even the whole trial period, then uninstall it, "surprise" - they offer it a at a lot lower price. Normal price $24.95 When you uninstall it its $9.95 ;) Think its In USA currency

Billy T
07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Install the pro Version for a few days or a week or even the whole trial period, then uninstall it, "surprise" - they offer it a at a lot lower price. Normal price $24.95 When you uninstall it its $9.95 ;) Think its In USA currency

Sounds good to me, but don't you end up with the annual renewals at full price? and are there any problems with having MSSE and SASW both potentially scanning at the same time, or can you schedule them separately?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

wainuitech
07-08-2012, 11:56 PM
You schedule them separately, Super allows for day/hour etc, so if you set them for different times, or days.

The trial version lasts for a month, so plenty of time to muck about with it, then converts to the free one but with an annoying pop up saying its expired after that if its not paid for.

Annual renewal price -- Dont know, only just got a licence for the Pro version a few weeks back.

Billy T
08-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Annual renewal price -- Dont know, only just got a licence for the Pro version a few weeks back.

$NZ35.00 approximately, depending on the exchange rate current at the time of renewal.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)