PDA

View Full Version : drxBrRgYJqsOquJ has stopped working

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey all!
I have windows 7 home premium 64bit and I have been experiencing some problems. When my computer is on sleep it would randomly turn on without me doing anything so I would wake up or come home and my computer will be on. I also have a message popping up: drxBrRgYJqsOquJ has stopped working. It sometimes pops up when my computer randomly turns on and while I'm using it. Google had absolutely no results when I googled this problem so please help!
Thanks!:thanks
Nikit07

Metla
04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd bet good money that its something nasty, If it were me I'd unplug here from the net, and do the usual.

delete temp files
Remove all the crap from startup
Run a freshly installed and updated anti-virus
Scan it for mal-ware.

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 06:57 PM
+1 and use ccleaner to remove temp files etc. And disable system restore before you use ccleaner. And before you scan it with an AV program

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I will not delete my Temp files 100% and my parents won't let me get a new anti-virus so i'll just do the other two options and see how it goes.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh, and how do you manage programs activated on start up? thanks!

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 07:11 PM
So did someone install an anti virus program?? Some are free (Microsoft's one). If there's isnt one on the system install one. Put teamviewer on this (www.teamviewer.com), install it then send the ID and password, it gives you to me in a PM. And I'll see if I can fix it. Dont worry, you'll see what I'm doing. That file maybe in temp files / in the folder and maybe running from there. So, you may have to delete the files in the temp folder. Or you wont fix the prob.

Nick G
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Ccleaner, tools, startups. Although I'd let speedy rip if I were you

Metla
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I will not delete my Temp files 100% and my parents won't let me get a new anti-virus so i'll just do the other two options and see how it goes.

Then you shouldn't be the one fixing it.

I suggest you don't do any online banking with that system and let you parents know you are most likely infected with a trojan horse virus and that someone unknown has access to data and the capabilities of your PC.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:10 PM
No, It can't be a virus because I see no change in my computer and all accounts I use are fine (runescape, gmail etc.) my system is fine and I honestly dont think somebody has access to my pc

Metla
04-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Then you are the target market, People that create and distribute viruses depend on people with your limited level of comprehension.

A well written virus is hidden from the user who doesn't know much about computers (this would be you) a poorly written virus crashes and creates a system error displaying the random name it installed itself as.

Nick G
04-08-2012, 08:17 PM
No, It can't be a virus because I see no change in my computer and all accounts I use are fine (runescape, gmail etc.) my system is fine and I honestly dont think somebody has access to my pc
Well, you won't always notice a difference. Not all viruses immediately screw your pc up. Some may log your keystrokes, some may add toolbars, some do other stuff. Even if you don't have a virus, it will be a good idea to put on an antivirus like <MSE link> (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/windows/products/security-essentials).

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:22 PM
well then what is the point in a virus i dont know i have and isn't doing me any harm?

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:23 PM
i have norton 360

Nick G
04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
well then what is the point in a virus i dont know i have and isn't doing me any harm?
Well, even if it doesn't ruin your system, it could still do some bad stuff, eg use your pc as a base to infect others.

Ok, good to see an antivirus. Even though norton may be laughed at here, having any antivirus is always so much better than not.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Ok, Thanks the positive energy! I will run a scan with it and with my other programme: Advanced system care 5. :)

Nick G
04-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok, Thanks the positive energy! I will run a scan with it and with my other programme: Advanced system care 5. :)
You're welcome :)
I wouldn't use advanced system care. Its not an antivirus, and could potentially damage your pc, if you're not very careful. Any benefits it brings are likely to be small.
So, don't bother using it.
What would be good would be getting <link malwarebytes anti malware> (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)(the free one) and <link spybot> (http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html) and running those.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
No, It has malware sweep and windows vulnerability fix and I have been using it for a long time and have been noticing better peformance :) so I'll keep using it ;)

ChazTheGeek
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
To stop unwanted startup items: go to Run>msconfig>startup

Nick G
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
No, It has malware sweep and windows vulnerability fix and I have been using it for a long time and have been noticing better peformance :) so I'll keep using it ;)
Ok, if you like it its all that matters :)
Don't think it will reomve viruses though, as in, it won't.

Metla
04-08-2012, 08:39 PM

That is the point, You have no idea what its doing, so you should consider the worst and take steps to fix it.

The steps to fix it do not consist of Norton 360.

Nick G
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd say Ccleaner has a nicer interface. :)

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I have just completed a Norton Scan. It has fixed 2 tracking cookies and an 'infostealer'. Is the problem fixed?

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks! Just did that. :)

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok, if you like it its all that matters :)
Don't think it will reomve viruses though, as in, it won't.
Oh ok, thanks for the info because I started just using it as a virus scanner :)

sahilcc7
04-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Run - msconfig ->startup tab, uncheck what you don't need. Or Ccleaner startup section.

That doesn't mean you don't have a virus mate.

i have norton 360

That's half the problem.

I wouldn't.

You're parents probably won't let you install another AV because they got tricked into paying for Norton. And delete the temp files.

You really need to start listening to advice if you want help.

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Infostealer is a password stealer / trojan horse. You'll soon find out if its still there. You may not have any money in the bank, if you do online banking. Was that file in the topic in startup? if it was, did you highlight then delete the entry?

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
It wasn't

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Run - msconfig ->startup tab, uncheck what you don't need. Or Ccleaner startup section.

That doesn't mean you don't have a virus mate.

That's half the problem.

I wouldn't.

You're parents probably won't let you install another AV because they got tricked into paying for Norton. And delete the temp files.

You really need to start listening to advice if you want help.
I agree with you on norton being not so good, we have already decided that next year when the subscription ends we will get a different AV otherwise I pretty much disagree with you in every other section apart from you saying that my files are fine dosnt mean I don't have a virus

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree with you on norton being not so good, we have already decided that next year when the subscription ends we will get a different AV otherwise I pretty much disagree with you in every other section apart from you saying that my files are fine dosnt mean I don't have a virus
But thanks for the help anyway. I AM NOT DELETING TEMP FILES BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A BACK UP! SO STOP TELLING ME TO AND YES I KNOW I NEED TO BACK UP MY PC BUT I CAN'T AT THE CURRENT MOMENT SO DON'T TELL ME TO!

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
So whats the point in asking for help, if you dont listen? The temp files have nothing to do with backing up. Theyre files left over from files you've installed / and maybe sites you've been to. I think you need to learn how to use a computer, and what does what. Before you answer

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
So whats the point in asking for help, if you dont listen? The temp files have nothing to do with backing up. Theyre files left over from files you've installed / and maybe sites you've been to
so what will happen if I delete them?

Nick G
04-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I have just completed a Norton Scan. It has fixed 2 tracking cookies and an 'infostealer'. Is the problem fixed?
Possibly, possibly not. Can't tell as norton might have missed something. Best bet would be to wait and see if the error message et all appears again.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Ok I will leave the computer on sleep tonight and if it is on in the morning it means I still have the problem. I shall get back to you with the results tomorrow :)

Nick G
04-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Well, normally nothing. What you want to do before you delete them is make sure no important files are in there, as many people have downloads going to temp. If they never bother to move them out, clearing the temp will obviously delete these files, which you don't want. However, if downloaded files are moved out of temp once downloaded, clearing the temp will do nothing. What is usually there (apart from downloaded files never moved out) is installers for programs tht have been installed, etc. As Speedy said, leftovers you don't need.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Possibly, possibly not. Can't tell as norton might have missed something. Best bet would be to wait and see if the error message et all appears again.
Thanks! You are the most helpful person on this case! Thanks once again! :) :) :) :)

Nick G
04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok I will leave the computer on sleep tonight and if it is on in the morning it means I still have the problem. I shall get back to you with the results tomorrow :)
Umm, I might have missed something here. How does putting it in sleep mode turn it off? Sleep mode just hibernates it, doesn't shut it down.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I know. The problem is when my computer is on sleep it randomly turns on. I have never had this before and it only started happening when I started getting the message: drxBrRgYJqsOquJ has stopped working

Nick G
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I know. The problem is when my computer is on sleep it randomly turns on. I have never had this before and it only started happening when I started getting the message: drxBrRgYJqsOquJ has stopped working
Oh ok. So you mean, it is in sleep, and it randomly comes out of sleep mode?
What time is norton set to run a scan? A computer will normally come out of sleep to run a scan, so check when it it is set to automatically run a scan. Also, could <link this> (http://www.cravingtech.com/fix-windows-vista7-sleep-mode-from-waking-up-by-itself.html) cause of the waking from sleep mode? Just trying a different approach here.

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Nothing. It'll delete them, and whatever you install later, the folder will fill up again, until you delete them again. The point is malware like whatever this file belongs to can run from the temp folder. And deleting the files in the folder, will probably delete this file. And obviously it can't run if it isnt there / doesnt exist. But malware can also hide in the system restore folder/s. Which is why sometimes you have to disable system restore to remove it, scan the system, then turn it back on

Metla
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Your scanning of the system with quality detection and removal tools (which you don't have) will take 1/20th of the time if it doesn't have to scan thousonds upon thousands of temp files.

Plus, the temp file directories are favorite spots for viruses and malicious code to install itself, if you find a running service or executable in a temp directory then the red flag is raised.

Granted you are dismissing near everything you are being told for some bizarre reason, But many of us here have had to hunt through systems for viruses that aren't detected by anti-virus tools (usually because they are too new to be in the database or the virus creaters have found a loophole) so the experience level is very high.

Open your ears and take the advice given.

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh ok. So you mean, it is in sleep, and it randomly comes out of sleep mode?
yes so I find it just with its screen saver and when I move the mouse I have the message:drxBrRgYJqsOquJ has stopped working

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Your scanning of the system with quality detection and removal tools (which you don't have) will take 1/20th of the time if it doesn't have to scan thousonds upon thousands of temp files.

Plus, the temp file directories are favorite spots for viruses and malicious code to install itself, if you find a running service or executable in a temp directory then the red flag is raised.

Granted you are dismissing near everything you are being told for some bizarre reason, But many of us here have had to hunt through systems for viruses that aren't detected by anti-virus tools (usually because they are too new to be in the database or the virus creaters have found a loophole) so the experience level is very high.

Open your ears and take the advice given.
I have taken all word of advice from Nick G because he understands my situation the best and is giving good advice :)

Metla
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I have taken all word of advice from Nick G because he understands my situation the best and is giving good advice :)

Talk to your parents, tell them you have no idea what you are doing and that your system probably has a virus of some description

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Dude. I have a greater IT knowledge than the guys at Noel Leeming. My parents are no help and I think I have fixed the problem by myself already. So if you want to annoy little kids. Go else where ;)

Metla
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Awesome.

I think we witnessed something special with this thread.

Speedy Gonzales
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
NL have IT skills?

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
NL have IT skills?
Haha, good one ;)

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Im probably like PB tech rank ;)

fred_fish
04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
... maybe an ankle ;)

Nikit07
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
LOL

wainuitech
04-08-2012, 10:21 PM
The name drxBrRgYJqsOquJ will be a random generated name caused by an infection.

Been reading this thread with a laugh -

I have a greater IT knowledge than the guys at Noel Leeming

Im probably like PB tech rank
DONT INSULT the Techs at PB Tech with your limited skill.

The others wont say it but I will ( metla came the closest, and He knows what he's doing)-- if you wont listen and take excellent advise when you ask for it then You don't have the skills / Knowledge to fix this . If you had the skill of a real Tech you wouldn't need to ask and ignore suggestions to what's an easy fix.

Several of us are real techs or work with computers / in IT for many years and see cowboys like this all the time. Some people have a little knowledge and think they know it all, and call themselves a Tech.

The fix to your problem has been mentioned several times. If its not the answer you want to hear then guess its tough luck for you - tell your parents to take it to a real tech who knows what they are doing.

Using Norton 360 :groan: total rubbish.

Did a fix a few weeks back Norton 360 said the computer was clean when it obviously wasn't - removed Norton and ran a better AV which picked up active infections as it was installing, then found a total of 19 during its quick scan.

stratex5
05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Haha, good one ;)

He just said you have no IT knowledge :lol:

Agent_24
05-08-2012, 12:19 AM
We'll see who is the one laughing when all his accounts are compromised...

stratex5
05-08-2012, 12:49 AM
We'll see who is the one laughing when all his accounts are compromised...

Wtf???????????????????

icow
05-08-2012, 12:52 AM
I suggest that you read threads before posting in them.

GameJunkie
05-08-2012, 12:57 AM
what you should do,

disable system restore,

get rid of norton 360, you're an idiot if you think that is a good anti virus otherwise you wouldnt have any problems would you??

install microsoft security essentials, update it and run a full scan.
install malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan.
install superantispyware, update and run a full scan.
use ccleaner to get rid of your temp files etc, then click on the registry tab, click 'scan for issues, clear the problems it finds

if you dont want to follow these instructions that have been suggested to you to help fix your computer, then you dont deserve our help

8ftmetalhaed
05-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I think what he should actually do is get his parents to come and read this thread and talk to speedy and the rest, and perhaps get speedy involved over teamviewer if he's able.

I imagine the parents are completely in the dark yet their information is going to be what's at stake. Particularly so if there's banking, paid runescape subscriptions, etc etc involved.

Thread starter, you may have more experience with technology than your parents but you don't seem responsible enough, and what you think you know is getting in the way.

Get your rents onto the computer. Aside from anything else, if you get THEM to do this, you won't be the one getting in trouble if they happen to break anything, which seems to have you worried.
There are skilled techs here providing what is effectively free tech support, they deal with this sort of thing regularly and people of your parents skill level daily, and they are well qualified to do so.

stratex5
05-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Well said metalhaed, well said :thumbs:

stratex5
05-08-2012, 01:45 AM
I suggest that you read threads before posting in them.

I already had, why?

Nick G
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I already had, why?
One of the opinions was that the infection may possibly take a few passwords for internet banking etc,
if it does, then the accounts could be compromised.

pctek
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Why wait, it barely detects anything, you have no idea what it is missing. Get MS Security Essentials, it's free, can't see how that would be a problem with your parents. All the decent anti-spywares are free too.

Dude. I have a greater IT knowledge than the guys at Noel Leeming. My parents are no help and I think I have fixed the problem by myself already. So if you want to annoy little kids. Go else where ;)
And? My cat has greater IT knowledge than sales reps at toaster shops, that means nothing.

What do you think most spyware is designed to do?
Hide, Quietly, in the background, harvest data such as banking logins and the like, turn your PC into a zombie system, so they can use it to do whatever they like, DDOS, spam, run bots, whatever. And it will get traced back to you should it be investigated.

They don't want you to notice.

They love people like you.

mikebartnz
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if this lad has caused it and is in a panic to get it fixed before the parents notice hence being scared to do most of what has been suggested.

icow
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if this lad has caused it and is in a panic to get it fixed before the parents notice hence being scared to do most of what has been suggested.

http://files.sharenator.com/triforce3_4chan_Triforce_Prank-s2262x5000-44015.png

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
He had to ask how to disable startup programs. Surely PB Tech know how to that.

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 02:19 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/triforce3_4chan_Triforce_Prank-s2262x5000-44015.png PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

Think Mike may be on the right suggestion ;)

Nick G
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/triforce3_4chan_Triforce_Prank-s2262x5000-44015.png
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So funny! :thumbs:
Just hope the guys father worked at hardly normals, then he won't have a clue what went wrong either :lol:

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 03:24 PM
You are all idiots. (apart from Nick G) I am 11 years old..... I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH NICK G'S SIMPLE ADVICE. There is no need for deleting temps! My problem is fixed so don't bother trying to help. If I have another problem, I think I'll just message Nick.

stratex5
05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Like a boss nick:D

Agent_24
05-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I am 11 years old.....

Explains everything.

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
You are all idiots. (apart from Nick G) I am 11 years old..... I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH NICK G'S SIMPLE ADVICE. There is no need for deleting temps! My problem is fixed so don't bother trying to help. If I have another problem, I think I'll just message Nick. obviously you are very self impressed - you are the idiot if you think just because you 'think" you have gotten rid of an infection or it doesn't show YOU THINK its gone. Thats exactly what malware wants you to believe.

Maybe when you grow up or your parents get their bank accounts emptied or have a massive internet bill then maybe you'll see your not the smart arse you think you are.It may not be running on startup but that doesn't mean its gone.

Heres a simple question -- Why is it then that a lot of malware hides in the temp files - and why do you think just because it doesn't show you a pop up message its actually gone ?

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:15 PM
And I am calling you idiots because you are assuming things which aren't true as maybe I am too. THE PROBLEM IS ON MY COMPUTER. MY PARENTS HAVE THEIR OWN COMPUTERS TO DO ONLINE BANKING ON. THIS IS MY COMPUTER AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO IT THERE IS NOTHING IMPORTANT ON IT OR I AM USING IT FOR ANYTHING IMPORTANT.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Plus the programmes which Nick sent me actually found malware and got rid of it.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
PLUS. The problem I had earlier with my PC waking up and the error coming up is GONE!

GameJunkie
05-08-2012, 04:25 PM
what program did he suggest genius?????

you're in over your head mate

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Explains everything.
Te ruskiy? Patamushta ya ruskiy! :P

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Plus the programmes which Nick sent me actually found malware and got rid of it. Possibly - the SAME ONES that every one else advised to use .

Many here have been working with computers before you were even born. And what A damn insult saying you have the skill level of the Techs at PB Tech. One day you'll learn that malware doesn't always remove so easily - Maybe, but I doubt it.

And BTW you still didn't answer the question:
"Why is it then that a lot of malware hides in the temp files - and why do you think just because it doesn't show you a pop up message its actually gone "
PLUS. The problem I had earlier with my PC waking up and the error coming up is GONE! That can just mean its not running anymore as it previously was - doesn't actually mean its gone.

Bet you have not checked EVERYWHERE on your PC. Sometimes the programs mentioned don't always find all traces, and it WILL reinfect.

Theres two programs that will more than likely get rid of everything when run together --and they have not been mentioned here in this thread.
But being a know it all you'll know what they are.

GameJunkie
05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
this guy obviously knows what he's doing, he doesnt need our help........

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Jesus christ people. The thing I said about me being PB tech level was a joke! I am bloody good with computers for my age! and do I have to repeat myself? I WILL NOT DELETE MY TEMP FILES! so you can all stop trying to help me!

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
this guy obviously knows what he's doing, he doesnt need our help........
Thank you! Even if you mean it sarcastically.

GameJunkie
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
why not delete the temp files????, that's where a lot of nasty stuff can be
but seeing as you know everything

good for your age dont mean ****

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I won't delete my temp files and why is none of ur business. If you are hating on me rather than encouraging me than why are you even trying to help?

mikebartnz
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
You are all idiots. (apart from Nick G) I am 11 years old..... I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH NICK G'S SIMPLE ADVICE. There is no need for deleting temps! My problem is fixed so don't bother trying to help. If I have another problem, I think I'll just message Nick.
That is not a good way of behaving if you ever want help on any forum let alone this one. If you ever ask for a solution don't carry on like a know-it-all because you obviously don't because you asked.
From what you have said previously while you might say it is fixed I would not bank on it especially if your parents use the PC for internet banking as there is just too much to loose.

mikebartnz
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
I won't delete my temp files and why is none of ur business. If you are hating on me rather than encouraging me than why are you even trying to help?
We don't know you but your attitude does not endear anyone to you.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
because people started being rude to me then started forcing me to do things when Nick had a cool attitude

mikebartnz
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
because people started being rude to me then started forcing me to do things when Nick had a cool attitude
I'm sorry but you had the wrong attitude and were discourteous after asking for help when others were giving very valid answers to your query.

GameJunkie
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
give me a good reason why you dont want to delete files from the location where many viruses and malware generally go , other than it none of your business??
generally if its suggested that you do that, its for good reason
you do want to completely fix the problem dont you???

stratex5
05-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Can I also ask, do you know what temp files are?

pctek
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Jesus christ people. TI am bloody good with computers for my age! and do I have to repeat myself? I WILL NOT DELETE MY TEMP FILES!

What you are is a snotty little brat.
Seen the likes of you and the results of your sort of fixes many times once the PC was worse.

You cam here and asked for help, you were given it and decide you know better and don't like the advice.
Swearing and shouting might work with your parents but it doesn't here. You have no idea what temp files are even.

Bugger off.

Agent_24
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
You have no idea what temp files are even.

Of course he knows, he just doesn't want to get rid of them as he said earlier, my guess is he's hiding dodgy stuff in there with them...

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
No Ones being rude, the problem is that a LOT of badly written programs, and lots of malware run from the temp file location. Sometimes cleaning the folder out will remove an infection. The reason the error message was coming up is the file / Infection was no longer in the same location and it was being told to run.

Many times infections put them selves in several locations, just because you remove them from one place they can still be in others, and can be activated when you least expect it or a certain function is carried out.

Maybe a little history - or what temp files actually are:

Windows and Windows applications create temporary files as they run. Working programs store bits of data in files called temporary or temp files. These are files that can be erased when they are no longer needed.

In an ideal situation, these temp files are deleted when the applications close. Yet poorly written programs, improper shutdowns, program hangs, and computer crashes often leave unneeded temporary files on the hard drive. Over time, these files accumulate, eating up hard disk space and, at times, impairing computer performance. If your computer is acting sluggish, deleting accumulated temp files may help to speed it up. In addition, some shutdown problems and download problems can be cured by cleaning up your temp files.

Temporary Internet file -- Every web site you visit downloads to your computer and is in the temporary Internet folder - this is meant to help speed up the pages loading when you visit the site again. So if you get an infected site or one that loads/installs infections ( like the one you mentioned) its there in the temporary Internet folder.

theres no real reason to keep them these days as web pages change so often the temp files are outdated.

ANY program that needs to hold files in the temp folder to run is badly designed, and would be dangerous to use.

Theres one other reason I can think of out of the blue that a person may not want to clean out the junk -- Some Pirated software wont run correctly when the PC is cleaned out. Seen that happen several times clean out a PC and all of a sudden all the Pirated software starts throwing up messages about not being legal etc.

sahilcc7
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM

We are encouraging you to to delete your temp files, hence fixing your computer.

Oh and nice youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/theNikit07/videos

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
We are encouraging you to to delete your temp files, hence fixing your computer.

Oh and nice youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/theNikit07/videos
LOL

Chilling_Silence
05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Nikit07, just curious dude, why post asking for help if you don't wanna listen to the advice given?

Half the people who've responded here have been working with computers for longer than you've been alive, and some quite possibly even longer than your parents have been alive. Why so much hostility towards those who are taking their time to give you assistance, free of charge?! If you're so super smart, then why is your PC infected in the first place?

I think you need to relax a little, take some time before you make your next post, and think about what you're going to say. Enough with the caps too, that's getting real old, real fast.

The rest of you, please don't feed the troll, even if he kinda does deserve what's coming his way...

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 05:44 PM
People. Chilling silence, you are correct in most ways. My problem is fixed I just didn't post that for a while, so I don't see the point in deleting the temp files, if I get more problems I probably will delete them. One of the reasons I don't want to delete them is because I have never done it before and I'm scared I might stuff something up, I also don't have a back up. I understand that you are trying to help me free of charge and I respect that but my personality is that when someone says something rude to me like, "you stupidly bought Norton 360" or something like that I get wound up and fight until I get my way which is what happened with this thread. So once again, can you please stop trying to help me. Thank you.

Trev
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you are a spoilt brat. And I have been around twice as long as your parents.
:)

mikebartnz
05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
So once again, can you please stop trying to help me. Thank you.
Very happy to oblige.

stratex5
05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
You dont have to anwser if you dont want to, but are you living in nz right now?

Trev
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Auckland.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Sounds like you are a spoilt brat. And I have been around twice as long as your parents.
Well i'm not....

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 05:57 PM
You dont have to anwser if you dont want to, but are you living in nz right now?
Auckland

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Jeeze I write an explanation and expect a "good on you man for getting things straight" I get a "you sound like a spoiled brat" Thanks man

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
You want to hunt him down stratex5?? :p

Nikit07, listen to Chill. You need to calm down HEAPS! What I don't like is how you are so full of yourself and how you so rude to your elders. That's disgusting. :groan:

We don't really appreciate rude people.

sahilcc7
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
"you stupidly bought Norton 360"

Well it's only true. My friend made that mistake, buying it with a new computer. I told him to delete it and install MSSE (Which he did) even though he paid for Norton. Not the case with you.

Deleting temp files is not a problem. If it ever did stuff something up, then no one would use CCleaner and we wouldn't get you to delete them..

Honestly, who backs up temp files?

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I know right. Temporary files. These don't need backing up at all.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM

Nikit07, listen to Chill. You need to calm down HEAPS! What I don't like is how you are so full of yourself and how you so rude to your elders. That's disgusting. :groan:

LOL The elders are being rude to me not me to them.... I always help them and feel sorry for them. I am only rude to them if they are rude to me.

Metla
05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Now we have reached a special place.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Now we have reached a special place.
LMAO

Trev
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I think this whole thread should be deleted for all of its rudeness.

Trev
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey Nikit07 have you ever thought about going into the entertaining business? Because if you haven't you should, as this is one of the most entertaining threads we have had here for years.
:lol:

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Hey Nikit07 have you ever thought about going into the entertaining business? Because if you haven't you should, as this is one of the most entertaining threads we have had here for years.
Haha, a comedy show called: Funny forums! XD

powerover
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I think this whole thread should be deleted for all of its rudeness.

I bag to differ, reading through the thread post by post, I have actually learn a lot (and it is kinda funny :P), it is amazing how everybody is trying to help this poor little kid who thinks he knows better, plus, it is kinda amusing to see
what this kiddo would say next.. :P

Nikit07, with respect, I have been mucking around with computer hardware and software for longer than your life, and I still encounter problems and when I do I come here for help, it is amazing how much these guys know and
perhaps they deserve a little bit more respect from you don't you think? I know that they may have said some things that can wind you up, but at the end of the day, they are using their time, to teach you, to guide you, to protect
you and to do what they think is best for you, all for free----think about that the next time you want to call someone else an idiot.

Oh and by the way, with respect again, I think you have only fixed the symptoms, or maybe just one of the symptoms, but NOT the problem/root cause, sooner or later it will come back again---------just my personal opinion tho,
what do I know?

8ftmetalhaed
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
One thing I would suggest though, change all your passwords if you're absolutely sure that the problem's fixed.
I'm still not so sure, but this thread might get locked at some point soon.

And also, all your recovery questions and such for the potentially compromised accounts, and take a log of what they were and what you're changing them to.

If you've ever frequented the runescape forums you should know that there's alot of people who say 'ahh i got hacked and they changed my recovery details and now i lost my account' or some such, so it's certainly something that happens.

I also find it odd that you don't want to delete your temporary files. They're called 'temporary' for that reason. Thing is, alot of programs don't delete them as they go either for caching purposes or just because they're written badly.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Im not calling them idiots because they're trying to help me. I'm calling them idiots because they're assuming stupid things when they don't actually know the truth.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
One thing I would suggest though, change all your passwords if you're absolutely sure that the problem's fixed.
I also find it odd that you don't want to delete your temporary files. They're called 'temporary' for that reason. Thing is, alot of programs don't delete them as they go either for caching purposes or just because they're written badly.
You have convinced me to delete my temps, Where EXACTLY are they located? I have only ever got to them with the search bar LOL

Speedy Gonzales
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Use ccleaner. It'll do it for you

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Use ccleaner. It'll do it for you
OK, forgot about ccleaner

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Just deleted my temp files ^_^

powerover
05-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Just deleted my temp files ^_^

:clap

sahilcc7
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow, you listened. Now remove Norton and install MSSE and run a full scan.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow, you listened. Now remove Norton and install MSSE and run a full scan.
I asked my dad about getting a different AV but he said we will just get a different AV when my norton runs out.

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
This is just a side issue, but its also related. ( Advise)

Theres a Fake Adobe Flash player update, latest one is saying its Version 13.something, ( current one is actually 11.3) its VERY convincing, and almost impossible to tell its fake apart from its version number,one place it sits is in the Temp Internet files.

If your Antivirus is not good enough to detect it you will get infected, and it can be a real pain to remove as it changes many settings, holds your computer to ransom, can kill any programs you try to run to remove it and it takes several tasks to actually remove it or at the very least get hit with other malware.

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
..wow..he listened.

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Im not calling them idiots because they're trying to help me. I'm calling them idiots because they're assuming stupid things when they don't actually know the truth.

Have you heard of troubleshooting? People don't really know what's happening unless YOU tell them exactly whats going on. There are many different methods of fixing problems too e.g deleting temp files - which you have done -finally-.
These forum members are not assuming stupid things, they are trying to help YOU.

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Have you heard of troubleshooting? People don't really know what's happening unless YOU tell them exactly whats going on. There are many different methods of fixing problems too e.g deleting temp files - which you have done -finally-.
These forum members are not assuming stupid things, they are trying to help YOU.
Dude, I said that when I was wound up. I know they are trying to help me and that is what this forum is all about. :)

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Theres a Fake Adobe Flash player update, latest one is saying its Version 13.something, ( current one is actually 11.3) its VERY convincing, and almost impossible to tell its fake apart from its version number,one place it sits is in the Temp Internet files.

If your Antivirus is not good enough to detect it you will get infected, and it can be a real pain to remove as it changes many settings, holds your computer to ransom, can kill any programs you try to run to remove it and it takes several tasks to actually remove it or at the very least get hit with other malware.
Thanks for the info!

ChazTheGeek
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Dude, I said that when I was wound up. I know they are trying to help me and that is what this forum is all about. :)

Good to hear mate. :thumbs::thumbs:

Nikit07
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Good to hear mate. :thumbs::thumbs:
:D

PPp
05-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Just for your information, I personally run CCleaner every week or so, its a little like putting out the rubbish. Also, most all of us use the programs reccommended to you to find "bad stuff" on a regular basis as well. This is very simple housekeeping.( Not even very "tecchy"). Any stuff that these programs have found on my computer have "never" shown any other indication of being there.

stratex5
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM

:lol: lol

powerover
05-08-2012, 09:57 PM

can you please tell us more about it? My Adobe player crashed a few times last week...i am just slightly suspicious...how do I check my adobe flasher player version?
I do use ccleaner to clean out all the junk, sometimes up to a few times a day, just to keep it lean and mean, and I do have spybot and avg free edition and they never pick anything up..

Speedy Gonzales
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Is 11.3.300.270 installed? Older versions of flash did crash with firefox. Go to programs and features in control panel if you use Win7, it shows the version there. Or run ccleaner if its installed, go to tools / uninstall tab. It appears here too

wainuitech
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
What generally happens with the fake one is a window opens and like the real Adobe flash player says theres an update - if you are not quick enough you miss the actual version number.

Generally if you click install, it goes through the process ( or looks like it) a good AV will detect its fake and stop it. Usually after that, at random times it tries again, but this time says theres an error, cant install etc. The file is actually sitting in the temp Internet files, so by cleaning them out ( Ccleaner) it removes it, and alls well. If the AV is not good enough, it will not stop the infection and away it goes and you then get infected Read this here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic447651.html) The actual poster asks the question. Its changing all the time, and those removal instructions are actually out of data for some versions.

To check what version you have, either go into the control panel, double click flash player/Advanced Tab there will be the version and the option to check for updates, OR go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and it will tell you.

Trev
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Deleted by me.

pctek
06-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I asked my dad about getting a different AV but he said we will just get a different AV when my norton runs out.

Your dad doesn't understand either.

Uninstall the pointless Nortons, download (free) MS Security Essentials and install it.
It costs nothing.

Your dad has an objection to cost - MSSE is free - or he just prefers to be unprotected.

You might point out that their PCs, which you say are used for internet banking, are most likely compromised too.

powerover
06-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Uninstall the pointless Nortons, download (free) MS Security Essentials and install it.
It costs nothing.

Your dad has an objection to cost - MSSE is free - or he just prefers to be unprotected.

You might point out that their PCs, which you say are used for internet banking, are most likely compromised too.

I agree, you should probably get your dad to read this thread right from start to finish as well, then he will understand :D

and thanks Speedy and wainuitech, I have 11.3.300.265 installed, guess it's time to update then?

would MSSE run without clashes with AVG? or shall I just have 1 instead?

Thanks for the help :D

GameJunkie
06-08-2012, 09:19 AM
just one installed, MSSE

Nick G
06-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Just 1. Two antivirus programs clash. And besides, why would you want AVG?

Nikit07
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
They use a Mac, so it may or may not have a virus...

ChazTheGeek
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
:lol: lol

He he he.

icow
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Probably explains the purchase of Norton then.

powerover
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Macs have viruses too.

powerover
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Just 1. Two antivirus programs clash. And besides, why would you want AVG?

OK...may I ask you to remind me why I don't want AVG again please?
I remember it used to be pretty good, but then over the times it got worst and worst so I stopped using it, not long ago I gave it a second chance
and it felt fine, so I just got back into using it.

pctek
06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
1:Nod32
2:MSSE

Basically that's why, the detection rate is high, not too much of a hog either.

But it's not the worst................

8ftmetalhaed
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Detection rates are generally pretty terrible and the system impact is comparable to that of norton.
It /used/ to be good, it's still better than nothing but for the most part it's now a pretty broken piece of software, especially with things like MSSE in the mix which is just better for the pricepoint. IE free.

wainuitech
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I remember it used to be pretty good, but then over the times it got worst and worst so I stopped using it, not long ago I gave it a second chance
and it felt fine, so I just got back into using it.

I can tell you one reason -- today customers laptop, They ran a full scan with AVG and it found nothing, yet there were signs of trouble brewing ;)

Uninstalled it, installed Nod32 which picked up 1 active trojan on install, another 3 while scanning and various other malware - 19 in total.

So theres 19 reasons why AVG is :yuck:

GameJunkie
06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I can tell you one reason -- today customers laptop, They ran a full scan with AVG and it found nothing, yet there were signs of trouble brewing ;)

Uninstalled it, installed Nod32 which picked up 1 active trojan on install, another 3 while scanning and various other malware - 19 in total.

So theres 19 reasons why AVG is :yuck:

nice one WT :D

powerover
06-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Oh, got that now, thanks guys...Nod32 is not free, so MSSE it is :D

while we are on the topic, what else should I have? got Spybot already, and Ccleaner, installing MSSE as im typing, what else?

wainuitech:

I see that in your sig you have SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes, shall I have those as well?

stratex5
06-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I have to say, ive herd spybot is quite intrusive. Install Malwarebyte, its free and you can have more than one anti-malware.

wainuitech
06-08-2012, 10:41 PM
wainuitech:

I see that in your sig you have SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes, shall I have those as well? May as well, the free ones work fine. The main difference between the free and paid versions of both is the Paid have active protection and scheduled scanning, where as the free doesn't, so they have to be run/updated manually.

"usually" the combo of Super and Malware bytes is a good defence, along with a good AV.

When installing the antimalware programs, LOOK at the windows that are presented, from memory they may want to install Chrome or toolbars The toolbars you dont need, and chrome - thats your choice ( you may already use it). I install them and untick options out of habit.

Iantech
06-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Also important to remember that there is a second job (first job being effective detection) for an antivirus programme (or malware/spyware etc) and that is effective removal. Many AV programmes that can detect a 'bug' really dont do a good job removing them, some leave parts behind or in a few cases dont even remove them (yet say they have).

mikebartnz
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I have to say, ive herd spybot is quite intrusive.
Can you explain yourself there. Some may find it so if they use TeaTimer but I've never found it a major problem.

GameJunkie
06-08-2012, 11:13 PM
i think the teatimer part is the problem, the rest of it fine

mikebartnz
06-08-2012, 11:30 PM
i think the teatimer part is the problem, the rest of it fine
Personally I have never found it a problem but people who don't understand what it is about do. Without reading what pops up they will disallow everything from making changes and then wonder why nothing works.

tut
07-08-2012, 08:37 AM
What you are is a snotty little brat.
Seen the likes of you and the results of your sort of fixes many times once the PC was worse.

You cam here and asked for help, you were given it and decide you know better and don't like the advice.
Swearing and shouting might work with your parents but it doesn't here. You have no idea what temp files are even.

Bugger off.

+1

tut
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM

+1

Nikit07
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
+1
>:-(

ChazTheGeek
07-08-2012, 06:19 PM
lol!!

Jen
07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
OK folks, you've had your fun. I think Nikit07 got the message about his conduct and our expectations of courtesy to those who try to help.

Time to move on.

ChazTheGeek
08-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Ok Jen. :thumbs:

Jen
08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
stratex5 and ChazTheGeek - I have deleted your posts. Please remember this thread is in PressF1 and not Chat, therefore is not the place for your off-topic blabbering. PM each other instead please.