PDA

View Full Version : HD7700 Saphire GHZ edition

CaptainVincent
03-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Hey guys

Got a new card, was working fine yesterday for an entire day. Had a virus problem today so I had to reformat. Basically now I'm getting random black screens and having trouble booting after I get them (not getting past the windows loading bar looping, then works second boot)

This guy seems to have the exact same problem and symtoms. http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-black-screen-on-new-pc-650538.html

Any ideas guys, no temp problems, 600W thermaltake PSU which is plenty. And has only happened since re-format. Any help would be great :)

CaptainVincent
03-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Also found this, exact problem

"Hi man,
i have the same problem with my Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz edition, so do not blame it too quickly on your hard drive.
In my case, it did not see it happen online, since I do not really use streaming website. However in playback of avi files or bluray, the screen blacks out randomly and I am forced to hard reboot.
I could not find any fix, and I am still waiting for an answer from Sapphire. I did notice though that it get more frequent when you try to reboot your computer right after a crash. I usually let it sit for a goo 5 minutes, turn off the PSU and them fire up the computer again.
It is bothering and I hope the next driver package will address that."

Speedy Gonzales
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a videocard prob. And it looks like its a known issue. Take it back and replace it with another brand of videocard. Unless Sapphire fix the prob, there's not much you can do about it

Chilling_Silence
03-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Fire up something like Speccy, what temperature does yours sit at?
What driver version are you running?

dugimodo
03-08-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and possibly try a different version.
Also make sure you've reloaded all the updates since the reformat.
If you still have your old card does it work ok still?

CaptainVincent
06-08-2012, 03:10 AM
I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and possibly try a different version.
Also make sure you've reloaded all the updates since the reformat.
If you still have your old card does it work ok still?

Hey there. The 12.6 Drivers were causing it to screw up. Downgrading to 12.3 fixed all my issues.

I'm gonna try the 12.7 beta and hopefully it fixes stuff up :)