View Full Version : Slipstream xp home

01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Have been asked to make a slipstream xp cd for a friend.
Have the original unused cd that came with the system.
Version 2002.
Have been reading tutorials on how this should be done, but are not clear on a couple of points.
If sp3 is added, will it also need sp2 & sp1?
Does this have to be done on a xp system or can it be done on win7?

Speedy Gonzales
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
SP3 includes SP1 and 2. When you slipstream an OS, you should slipstream with the same version of windows. (ie: You shouldn't slipstream 32 bit windows on a 64 bit system, or vice-versa). Due to the different files they use.

You can use XP mode, for slipstreaming, if you use Win7 (if your version supports it). You need something like Nlite and there are addons. Inc IE, .net framework, and WMP (and all of their updates)., if you get a few files, (I'll tell you, what you need), I'll show you how to slipstream the files. And you'll have to install teamviewer.

01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Well I got out of that one easy.
I was telling my friend what was involved & his wife said, sounds like a lot of mucking about.
Don't worry about it we'll buy a new system.
So that was that.

Speedy Gonzales
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
lol ok

01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey Speedy that teamviewer is a handy thing.
Put it on a couple of systems here to try it out.
Can you make the viewing window any bigger?

Speedy Gonzales
01-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Err havent really tried to see if it can. The window that opens when I log in, is big enough. I think you can in the menu somewhere. But, I prefer to keep it as is. Since, sometimes I check (in Google) on the computer here, (for whatever the prob is, the person has, that I'm helping).

And sometimes, I send files to the person I'm helping. So, it would be a PITA making the window fullscreen / bigger then smaller all the time.

Like, earlier today I helped someone in Germany. The firewall and windowsupdate were dead. Both didnt work. The error that came up, was 0x80070424. It took about 2-3 hrs to fix it, so both worked. I had to look in Google (on this PC for that error). I found the reg files, that would make both work again. In total there were 7 reg files (I ran 3). That I had to import into the registry. So, the firewall, and windowsupdate would work again (the BITS service in services, had been deleted by something). Probably malware. The reg file I downloaded, added it back into the registry. Likewise, for the firewall. It was just lucky the guy I helped knew what windows said, because I didnt lol (the German version of Win7)