PDA

View Full Version : Opening E-mail

Poppa John
31-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi All.
I would like to read an e-mail who's sender name I remember. I think. It was to do with Genealogy at least a year ago.
Recently I cleaned out my OE address book think that name WAS there.

Without downloading another program, how can I read this without risking my computer?

Using XP Home SP3.
Thanks PJ

stratex5
31-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Use your browser(?)

Poppa John
31-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Use your browser(?)

Can you explain further please? PJ

Speedy Gonzales
31-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Open outlook express. If you deleted the email, thats another matter

stratex5
31-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Can you explain further please? PJ

You sent an email to him right? What email client do you use?

wainuitech
31-07-2012, 08:20 PM
If you still have the email and you cant find it, simply open OE, then click edit, Find Message ( or name) a box will open, type in the persons name and search - it will locate all the emails from that person in all folders.

Another way - open OE, press ctrl+Shift+f Same search box will open. Once found, select mail and open to read.

Poppa John
31-07-2012, 08:21 PM
The From line was Cxriss Lxxxx (Spam) Private Message. I looked in Properties & it apears to be a 'good e-mail address. It has the word 'Boston" in it. In Lincolnshire.

The name is familiar.

As said earlier, I cleaned out that name in the Addresses, also the Save File in OE.

I would lke to open this latest E-mail without putting my computer at risk, if it is a "Baddie". PJ

wainuitech
31-07-2012, 08:34 PM
If its a "baddie" then your antivirus should ( have already) detected it if its any good.

coldot
31-07-2012, 08:46 PM
PJ - If you can click on the email header and forward a copy to me I'll be happy to open it, assess the contents and advise you.
I'll PM you an email adddress to send to.

Poppa John
31-07-2012, 09:03 PM
PJ - If you can click on the email header and forward a copy to me I'll be happy to open it, assess the contents and advise you.
I'll PM you an email adddress to send to.

Done, thanks. PJ

Poppa John
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Ok all sorted. It WAS a Spam e-mail.

I highlighted the mail & clicked "Properties". That gave me an email address that I believed. I sent one to him & asked? He said that someone had accessed his Address Book . He apologised profusely.

Straight away I did Security scans just to be sure I had not caught owt. I could not open the "PrivateMessage" link so I guess I was clean anyway. Thanks All, PJ