PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Google Search pages, and access to Home page on Firefox update

KenESmith
28-07-2012, 07:41 AM
After updating Firefox, I have lot access to all bar the first page of Google Search Pages, which restricts one's search ability.

Any idea on how one can restore full access to Google search results

Additionally, on opening Firefox one is no longer directed to the home page. On clicking on History, Homepage is no longer available - Please advise how to fix.

Many thanks, Ken

Terry Porritt
28-07-2012, 08:54 AM
To get all the Google search options go to the top of the opening Google page and click on 'More' and then "Even More', but I don't know about your Homepage as mine is a 'Show a blank page' :)

mikebartnz
28-07-2012, 12:25 PM
With the home page thing you will find an option to change it. With me on Linux it is under Edit/Preferences but from memory Windows it is under Tools/(something else. Maybe Options) and then the General tab.
Don't really understand your problem with Google though.

smurf
28-07-2012, 01:46 PM
To reset homepage in Firefox Go to Options. General tab......type in the URL for your homepage then click ok. That should do it. (this is for Windows 7) If you are using XP it could be Tools, Option General Tab..can't remember :)

mikebartnz
28-07-2012, 01:50 PM
To reset homepage in Firefox Go to Options. General tab......type in the URL for your homepage then click ok. That should do it. (this is for Windows 7) If you are using XP it could be Tools, Option General Tab..can't remember :)
Did I put you on the right track.:)

KenESmith
29-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Tried Google search options "going to the top of the opening Google page and click on 'More' and then "Even More'"

Still cannot get more than the first page of Google Search Results

Ken

Terry Porritt
29-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Tried Google search options "going to the top of the opening Google page and click on 'More' and then "Even More'"

Still cannot get more than the first page of Google Search Results

Ken

What do you get if you click on this or you paste this URL into Firefox address bar ?....http://www.google.co.nz/intl/en/options/

KenESmith
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Terry,
Still have not managed to get more than the first search page,
I did find a Google chat page were several people have complained of the same problem, so it is not uncommon, and no solution to it was offered on the Google chat pages.

Terry Porritt
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd do as Speedy suggests, try re-installing Firefox. It sounds as though there is some corruption somewhere.